Hi! I was hoping someone could help me with this difficult decision I have to make. This is the situation...I have an A.S in liberal arts from a Comm. college here in Hawaii. My husband is stationed here in the army and his job takes him away from home 6 months or more out of the yr. (approx. 30-45 days at a time) We have an 11 month old and I am desperately wanting to get my BSN. The university here requires you to have 2 yrs of a foreign language and you have to take the NLN exam...I am on a time limit as my husband is only here for 2-3 more years. I could go to the community college I got my AS from and get my ADN...I would only have to take about 15 clases. Okay, here is where it gets confusing...my parents live in NM and have offered to let my daughter and I live with them while I go to school full time to get my BSN. To get my BSN, I have to take about 25 classes (only 7 of my classes transfered from my AS.) So I am looking at about 3 1/2 yrs before I graduate...The pros of going to NM are that I will be able to go to school full time whenever I needed to, I will have all the support at home, and my daughter will be well taken care of. The cons are that I will have to be seperated from my husband...(he will probally get to visit every 6 mos.) The pros of staying are that I will get my ADN in about 2 1/2 yrs and will be able to take the boards and work for a while before we leave...the cons: finding quality daycare for my daughter, not having support/help at home when my husband is gone, and not being able to finish the degree if my husband gets transfered before I finish! ARGHHHHH!!
I need to mention that my husband is very supportive of us moving to NM if that is what it takes...
Help me please!
Thank you in advance for the advice....Gracie