I wanted you all to know what I've been doing lately...
I'm in Geri now, and I love it! So far, in just my first week on the floor, I have...
1) replaced a trach (inner cannula and all)
2) replaced a G-tube:spin:
2) learned how to suction (on a real person!):imbar:
3) taken staples out of a hip
4) irrigated a stage 4 decub and redressed it
5) and various other dressing changes and topical ointments...
All I can say is...
I love this rotation! Even in Med-Surg we never go to do this much "hands on" stuff! This is soooo cool!
I'm learning so much! Not bad for 2 1/2 days in clinical setting, is it?
I know I'm carrying on, but I love it when I actually get to do "nurse" things, instead of trying to learn how to out of a book!
Just had to tell ya all!
Thanks for letting me ramble!