This works for me.
1. Study in increments of 20 min.. then go do something else.. take a break.. study again for 20 min.. etc..
2. Don't cram the night before, but review if you want to.
3. Drink plenty of water.
4. Make study cards (index) for courses like Pharm/drugs, etc..
5. Always go over the Key Concepts and Learning objectives in the chapters.
6. Multiple choice- like Thender said, read ea. choice first.
7. Don't change answers, do leave a question blank but don't forget to go back and answer it.
8. Drink fruit juice or eat fruit before the exam.. some ppl prefer chocolate !
Good Luck ! Find what works best for you and relax