RN license

  1. I am currently anursing student in New York, but plan on moving else where. More then likely South Carolina. I was wondering if I will need to take a test to recieve my license in SC or if i am wasting my time in NY and should be goin to school in SC. If any one knows the answer please respond. If in get my license can i just take a evaluation test or something so i can move and work in SC.
  2. Visit Jodylynn profile page

    About Jodylynn

    Joined: Mar '04; Posts: 1


  3. by   fergus51
    All nurses in the US take the NCLEX to get their lisence after graduation. So it doesn't matter where you take your nursing school. You'll probably write and register with NY, then just transfer your lisence to SC if you move.
  4. by   purplemania
    I recommend you contact the Board of Nursing SC for exact info. If both states are compact you can start work immediately in SC with your NY license. You would still have to complete certain forms, so contact SC Board.
    Get their address here:

  5. by   EchoOfThoughts
    You can go to school in New York, and even take your test in New York and get your SC license without ever having a New York license, if that is what you want to do.
    You could get the NY one and transfer, but if you plan to move right away and never use the NY license, it's kind of a waste of money.

    http://www.llr.state.sc.us/POL/Nursi...le=bonexam.htm this site explains what you need to do to apply. As an out-of-state applicant the only extra thing you need to do is provide your transcripts.