1. Place one level scoop of PROMOD powder into a clean, small (approximately 6- to 8-fl-oz) container for mixing.
2. Add 7 to 10 mL of room-temperature water.
3. Mix well with disposable spoon or tongue blade to form a paste.
4. Allow mixture to sit for 30 seconds to allow particles to completely hydrate (remaining clumps should dissolve into the paste).
5. Stir in an additional 30 mL of room-temperature water. Mix well and let sit for an additional 30 to 60 seconds (a few small clumps may adhere to the spoon and sides of the mixing container).
6. Administer through the feeding tube. Flush with an additional 30 mL of water (a smaller amount of water could be used to flush the tube if the patient is on a fluid restriction).
May 21, '02
Occupation: Mental health nurse
Joined: May '02; Posts: 73; Likes: 10
warm-room temperature water always works for me also. Put it down as soon as you mix it then it will not turn to glue. Warm to room temperature water is the key though I feel!