Looking for unsafe staffing form/ideas

  1. I have had it working in an ED where my 2nd RN has no idea which way is up, and a tech.
    I want to start notifying TBTB about this and am looking for ideas for a form I can fill out and forward through to everybody and their brother.

    If your facility uses a form, and you can fax me one, it would be even better. Please PM me for fax number if you are willing to do this for me.

  2. Visit 2ndCareerRN profile page

    About 2ndCareerRN

    Joined: Mar '01; Posts: 1,050; Likes: 43


  3. by   DelGR
    Are you affiliated with a union? The constituent members of the ANA usually have a formal unsafe staffing form that you fill out and send to them. Usually you keep the original or a copy, give a copy to the nurse manager and one gets faxed to the constituent member of ANA. Some unsafe staffing forms are titled -- Assignment Despite Opposition or Assignment Against Protest.
    You could always do a Report of Contact or Memo and give a copy to your Nurse Manager. At least they (management) get put on notice that something is wrong and will have to bear some of the responsibility if anything happens to a patient.
    Last edit by DelGR on Aug 8, '02
  4. by   NRSKarenRN
  5. by   teeituptom
    Howdy yall
    from deep in the heat of texas

    just keep documenting and always keep a certified copy for yourself