How do obtain a multi state endorsement?

  1. I have my license in my home state. I live very close to the state line. I would like to have the option of crossing the state line for a job. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it! :spin:
  2. Visit Lisa_RN profile page

    About Lisa_RN

    Joined: Sep '07; Posts: 16; Likes: 1
    Specialty: Cardiac/Tele, Med Surg, Home Health


  3. by   loricatus
    First look and see if the state you are in issued you a compact license. If it did, find out if the state next to you is a compact state. If they are, you do not have to do anything special. If not, all you have to do is go to the state's board of nursing website and find out how you apply for a license by endorsement (they will tell you everything you need to do).
  4. by   suzanne4
    The US does not have multi-state endorsement specifically. As mentioned above, if you actually live in a state that is under the Compact License, and the state where you wish to get a license is also included, then thereis nothing to be done. But since you are asking about it, suspect that your home state is not.

    You will need to follow the License by Endorsement process for each state that you wish to be licensed in. You will still retain your original license.
  5. by   Southernurse
    [font=book antiqua]lisa, i saw you were deep south. i hold the compact license for tn and it says "multistate" right on it. fl and ga are not compact states, or i'd be there !!arizona, arkansas, delaware, idaho, iowa, maine, maryland, mississippi, nebraska, north carolina, south dakota, tennessee, texas, utah and wisconsin [font=book antiqua]are all included on mine...hope that helps![font=book antiqua]:chuckle