calcified aorta

  1. I was just told I have a calcified aorta. Is this something I should see a doctor about????
  2. Visit niteshiftnurse profile page

    About niteshiftnurse

    Joined: Jan '03; Posts: 199


  3. by   ERNurse752
    Who would be able to tell you this, other than a doctor?
  4. by   P_RN
    Was it on an employment/annual CXR? I had one that said I had a coin lesion that turned out to be a button, and one that said I was in CHF because my xray didn't show (I think it was 6 ribs at diaphragm level)...not sure about the number. Needless to say I worried myself sick. Neither time did the tech or the radiologist offer a repeat.

    Yes a doctor would be the one to see.
    Last edit by P_RN on Mar 11, '03
  5. by   nimbex
    depending upon your age, at age 4 we all start to accumulate plaque in our arteries. Calcification then, occurs over time.... heck if your in your 50's, 60's, you're entitled to alittle calcification. Get an ECHO done and check for stenosis and ejection fraction. if the numbers are OK, than decrease your increased calcification through exercise and low cholesterol diet.

    wish you well
  6. by   niteshiftnurse
    I had a myleogram done and the doc said that the aorta was calcified. I'll ask one of the cardio docs at work and see what he says. thanks