? for those with ortho experience....

  1. Just a quick question (and no i am not asking for medical advice).
    I saw my orthopedic surgeon today because I have been having pain in my ankle ( it was severely fractured 10 years ago in an MVA), anyways thankfully all the x-rays they took today came back excellent, all of my hardware is still in place and looking good. He wants me to have arthroscopic surgery done to look for any fragments or whatever that may be floating around that is causing my pain. He seems to think that it is scar tissue that has built up since it has been 10 years since my accident and my injuries were VERY tramautic. My question is...if it is scar tissue what can they do about it?? Can scar tissue be removed?? I would think it will just grow back again? I meet with the surgeon that will be doing the surgery next week so I will be sure to ask him, I am just impatient and thought maybe some of you that have experience in ortho may have an idea about scar tissue causing pain and being removed.
  2. Visit luvmy2angels profile page

    About luvmy2angels

    Joined: Aug '04; Posts: 907; Likes: 99
    RN; from US
    Specialty: 22 year(s) of experience in Geriatrics


  3. by   TazziRN
    Scar tissure can be trimmed back.
  4. by   Marie_LPN, RN
    Scar tissue can be removed arthroscopically, and there is a chance it can grow back again.