LPN/LVN rate of pay in your area.

Nurses LPN/LVN

Published

This topic has been around before, but I was looking for something more up to date. Things have fluctuated in past two years or so. I know people are always looking for salaries and most of the time its for RN's. I'll start ;-)

Around the Cincinnati area here I'm not sure about the starting pay or pay in hospitals for LPN's. But I know LTC facilities are about 16 to start ranging up to about 22. I've seen ad's in the paper saying $24 but I don't know what that was for. Agencys are about 21-25 dollars for LPN's also. I believe Jobs are plentiful around here! Also when I was up in columbus, I heard an instructor saying they are starting their LPN's out with $27-30 while the RN's get about $40-50 ..I don't really believe that, but I just tossed that out there maybe for some clarification?

I live in Kansas City and I make $18.50/hr plus differentials after that and I am full time with benefits. Our PRN LPNs make $22-25, but I applied for some agency jobs this week and I was only offered $18 at one place and $20 at another and I am also IV cert. I was only making $14/hr at my last job with no differentials, you can see why I left. So, I would say that in this area it would be $14-$22/hr. Hope this helps you!

I was at a LTF the other day visiting a friend. I knew several of the nurses there including the ADON. She asked me if I wanted to work perdiem. They pay 23.50 perdium. That is Putnam County, New York. I work in Westchester County and make more. The reimbursment rate for Medicare is very different between the 2 counties.Don't know about what the RNs make.

I live in Kansas City and I make $18.50/hr plus differentials after that and I am full time with benefits. Our PRN LPNs make $22-25, but I applied for some agency jobs this week and I was only offered $18 at one place and $20 at another and I am also IV cert. I was only making $14/hr at my last job with no differentials, you can see why I left. So, I would say that in this area it would be $14-$22/hr. Hope this helps you!

Orlando area LPN in LTC any where from $16-$19/hr home health(hospice, peds, & geri)$15-$18 hospitals I am not sure but I think around $14 (I hear it is low) and most of the hospitals in the area do not hire LPN's--unless it is for their clinics. Clinics pay between $12-$14. Agency I hear up to $21.

Karen

I live in central Ohio , I've been at the same long term care facility since 1985. I am finally just over $18.00 / hour. I think they start the new hires at $16.00 ,, but it also depends on experience. The local agency starts LPN's out at $19.00 per hour during the week and $21.00 on the weekend.

Specializes in Pediatrics.

Does anyone work in a state facility? I am curious about what I can expect working at a state psychiatric facility. I probably would work there anyway if offered a position, regardless of pay (within reason) but I would like an idea anyway. :coollook: Any ideas?

I just graduated in January, passed the boards in March and start my new job tomorrow at a LTCF. I am starting out at 19.26/hour and that is with a $3 diff for 3rd shift. This is a normal rate of pay for this area. :)

i'm working at a hospital in las vegas. my base pay is 22.47 an hour. i'm full time with good benefits.

I work for a specialty hosp and they pay $12-18 to LPNs dependong on exp LTC usu $16-19 to start Bur the money is Agency $25-30 if you would travel tack on 10 more BUT agency is high risk because you can get canceled QUICK this is from my own experience .... Thats why Im going Back to school:rotfl:

:angryfire LPNs make $10.95 in oklahoma. :angryfire

Any Alabama LPN's ?

Specializes in Pediatrics.
:angryfire LPNs make $10.95 in oklahoma. :angryfire

Wow! What do CNAs make there? What is your cost of living? Our CNAs make more than that here but then, of course, we are taxed on EVERYTHING! :uhoh3:

+ Add a Comment