Nclex this week, Should I cancel :(

Nursing Students NCLEX

Published

:( Hi Forum,

The big day is this Friday(8/12) and am already anxious, I just feel that I will never be ready. I will be taking my Nclex-PN for the third time and still very not confident about it. I am taking the NCSBN online and Iam only scoring in the 40-50% range on the practice questions, I also took a three day live review class couple of weeks ago and feels like I already lost the informations that was being taught. Iam doing the cd Saunders too and scoring low as well :sniff: , I feel like canceling the test and maybe reschedule in a few weeks again instead so maybe I can study more, but the more I push it to later dates the more Iam getting stressed. I really want to just get over it as Iam getting restless daily as the exam day is getting more closer. Sometimes when I score so low on practice questions, I would stop because I feel already so depressed that I am not doing well. What is wrong with me, majority of my classmates already passed and working fore 8 months already(I graduated 8/04) and Iam still here desperately trying to pass this boards for the 3RD TIME!!! Any words of advice is appreciated. Thanks. :(

Specializes in Education, FP, LNC, Forensics, ED, OB.
:( Hi Forum,

The big day is this Friday(8/12) and am already anxious, I just feel that I will never be ready. I will be taking my Nclex-PN for the third time and still very not confident about it. I am taking the NCSBN online and Iam only scoring in the 40-50% range on the practice questions, I also took a three day live review class couple of weeks ago and feels like I already lost the informations that was being taught. Iam doing the cd Saunders too and scoring low as well :sniff: , I feel like canceling the test and maybe reschedule in a few weeks again instead so maybe I can study more, but the more I push it to later dates the more Iam getting stressed. I really want to just get over it as Iam getting restless daily as the exam day is getting more closer. Sometimes when I score so low on practice questions, I would stop because I feel already so depressed that I am not doing well. What is wrong with me, majority of my classmates already passed and working fore 8 months already(I graduated 8/04) and Iam still here desperately trying to pass this boards for the 3RD TIME!!! Any words of advice is appreciated. Thanks. :(

If you truly feel like you need to have a little more time, then do it. But, I say go ahead and take the exam. You never know what you could do it this time. Please, try to stick with ONE source for study the next couple days and try not to get upset.

Good luck in whatever you choose!!

Siri

The best thing about Nclex is that you can take it over. Not like in school where if you flunk one or two classes you are out of a nursing program and most of the other schools won't give you a second chance.

If you feel you need to push it, well go ahead! But just know you will never be fully prepared for a test of this magnitude. If people were fully prepapred than everyone would pass on the first try.

Take courage and do what only you know what is best for you. Don't get upset with the test score. Read the rationales and brush up on what you don't know when you come across it. Right it down if you have to and review the day before yo take the exam. I have been doing questions since June and it amazes me how I come across soo many things that I either forgot or don't have a clue of what they are talking about :chuckle

Oh and I take mine in 2 days... :rotfl:

Only you know how you feel. I for one liked to feel like that I did all I can do before I go into an exam. If I go into an exam feeling confident with the material that I covered, then I won't kick myself in the butt if i don't know the answer.

I had a scheduled set out of the things and books I wanted to review before sitting for my exam. I did just that. I had my plan written out for 3 wks.

I would suggest doing what you did before exams in school. Try not to worry about the scores, focus on why the right answer is right and why the wrong one is wrong. NCSBN doesn't do a good job of that. I would stick with Saunders or NCLEX3000.

If you truly feel like you need to have a little more time, then do it. But, I say go ahead and take the exam. You never know what you could do it this time. Please, try to stick with ONE source for study the next couple days and try not to get upset.

Good luck in whatever you choose!!

Siri

Hi Siri,

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate your feedback, take care.

The best thing about Nclex is that you can take it over. Not like in school where if you flunk one or two classes you are out of a nursing program and most of the other schools won't give you a second chance.

If you feel you need to push it, well go ahead! But just know you will never be fully prepared for a test of this magnitude. If people were fully prepapred than everyone would pass on the first try.

Take courage and do what only you know what is best for you. Don't get upset with the test score. Read the rationales and brush up on what you don't know when you come across it. Right it down if you have to and review the day before yo take the exam. I have been doing questions since June and it amazes me how I come across soo many things that I either forgot or don't have a clue of what they are talking about :chuckle

Oh and I take mine in 2 days... :rotfl:

Hi Nursing 101,

Thanks for the advice and feedback. Take care.

Only you know how you feel. I for one liked to feel like that I did all I can do before I go into an exam. If I go into an exam feeling confident with the material that I covered, then I won't kick myself in the butt if i don't know the answer.

I had a scheduled set out of the things and books I wanted to review before sitting for my exam. I did just that. I had my plan written out for 3 wks.

I would suggest doing what you did before exams in school. Try not to worry about the scores, focus on why the right answer is right and why the wrong one is wrong. NCSBN doesn't do a good job of that. I would stick with Saunders or NCLEX3000.

Thanks.

+ Add a Comment