UCSF and Lucile Packard

U.S.A. California

Published

Specializes in NICU, CVICU.

Hello!

I will be moving to the Bay Area this summer and I was wondering if anyone knows names and contact info for the nursing recruiters for UCSF Childrens hospital and/or Lucile Packard.

I am looking to work in a Neonatal ICU so if anyone has the names and contact info for the managers of the units that I could contact directly that would also be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!! :D

PS- please feel free to PM me if you don't want to post the info here.

http://westandforcare.com/Careers/RNResidencyLPCH.htm

http://nursing.ucsfmedicalcenter.org/education/training_prog.asp

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

PLZ DONT GET OFFENDED...BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A JOB, before you move to the BAY AREA...im from LA, and I couldn't get a job up north so had to come back home (went through so much)...as a nurse to the fellow nurse I would recommend to be very careful about your move...

Hello!

I will be moving to the Bay Area this summer and I was wondering if anyone knows names and contact info for the nursing recruiters for UCSF Childrens hospital and/or Lucile Packard.

I am looking to work in a Neonatal ICU so if anyone has the names and contact info for the managers of the units that I could contact directly that would also be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!! :D

PS- please feel free to PM me if you don't want to post the info here.

Hi there,

You should definitely apply now and get an offer BEFORE you move out to N. Calif. There is a new grad nursing glut. New grads have found there is intense competition because everyone wants to work here for the higher wages (but also higher cost of living). They usually give the positions to student nurses who interned or had their clinicals there. NICU is particularly difficult to get into because it's so popular and they usually don't take new grads (they have them start in post partum or peds). That's just my .02. Good luck.

P.S. You can go to their websites and apply online. That's the way they take applications. They also only have entry for new grads 2 or 3 times a year.

Create a profile on line for both. Search "new grad programs".

Lucile Packard (part of Stanford hospital):

https://jobs.stanfordmed.org/CSS%5FExternal/CSSPage_Welcome.asp

Their residency program starts September 15, 2008 - Req # 12456

http://westandforcare.com/Careers/RNResidencyLPCH.htm

UCSF:

http://www.ucsfhr.ucsf.edu/careers/

The next one is in July, so apply now!!!

You may have to start in Peds. Here's a brief synopsis for UCSF:

The Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit Training Program is an 8-week training program open to both experienced and newly graduated RNs (senior preceptorship in ICN or Pediatrics preferred). Newly graduated RNs will matriculate into a ten-month mentorship program at the completion of the training program. All positions are full time (three 12-hour shifts per week). You will be expected to commit to at least one year of service after program completion. Newly graduated RNs are expected to take the NCLEX exam and obtain their CA RN license by the program start date. The summer program begins July 7, 2008 and the application deadline is May 31, 2008. Don't wait 'til the deadline--apply early for best results! Complete application process requires: submission of resume to this job requisition, completion of online questionnaire (you will be prompted to do this once you submit your resume), and down loading of the required reference forms to be completed by a faculty/clinical instructor/employer to be faxed back to the Human Resources Department.

Definitely get a job before moving up to the Bay Area before you do a thing. UCSF is downtown and Packard is with Stanford in Palo Alto, not a nice commute to have to do routinely if you do not have to do it.

Specializes in Adult Cardiac surgical.

Uhhh UCSF is NOT downtown, rather it is in Cole Valley/ Inner sunset area of San Francisco...FYI.

Definitely get a job before moving up to the Bay Area before you do a thing. UCSF is downtown and Packard is with Stanford in Palo Alto, not a nice commute to have to do routinely if you do not have to do it.
Specializes in Emergency, Critical Care Transport.

I'm one of the UCSF MEPNs and the job outlook up here is abysmal. I'm hired and heading down to UCLA, and I feel extraordinarily lucky to have gotten a job.

I would seriously be totally locked into a job before moving here. A lot of hospitals have canceled new grad programs this summer. We're not even sure what's happening with UCSF and its new grad program.

Lucille Packard tends to hire people who have done rotations in its hospital, especially because their acuity is so high. That being said, I've heard they are going to have a training. I'd call their nurse recruiters.

If you have experience in the NICU however, definitely worth looking around. I believe Children's Hospital Oakland posts its new jobs on Tuesday evenings, so sign up for updates at their website. The UCSF NICU is an awesome spot- I was fortunate enough to spend 2 pediatric days in there and I absolutely loved it. Amazing what they're capable of.

Lucille Packard's PICU is also awesome.

Best of luck. The job market up here even towards/in Sacramento is not so good, and it's complicated by being "not so good" for a multitude of schools.

I hope all goes well for you, sorry if this all sounds discouraging.

does anyone know how's the process to apply for UCSF and Stanford new grad programs?

+ Add a Comment