Jump to content

Endorsement -Texas


Hi, I am a foreign educated nurse holding RN licence in India. I am applying for Kentucky BON for RN licensure as I am soon moving there.I may in 2 years move to Texas. Does endorsement of licence to Texas from kentucky means I have to go through the whole CGFNS evaluation again??? Please help!

Silverdragon102, BSN

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC. Has 33 years experience.

You need to check with the BON but be prepared that the BON may say yes you still need to go through with it and meet requirements due to training outside of the US

Call the Texas BON. They have much easier requirements when you endorse versus originally applying there. Example if you initial apply in Texas you must show 2 years of the last 4 years working, if you endorse you only need to work in the past 4 years.

If Kentucky allows ERES instread of CGNFS I suggest using them, they are very customer friendly and have great customer service, I can call them between 4pm and 6 pm Texas time and get hold of a person and get any and all my questions asked.

Try that with CGNFS they are poor in customer service

Thank you for your input.

I have 15 days short of 2 years working experience in the last 4 years, will that be ok??