Jump to content

College of the sequoias (COS) ADN

School Programs   (4,038 Views 69 Comments)
by blueb-7 blueb-7 (Member)

236 Visitors; 15 Posts

advertisement

You are reading page 3 of College of the sequoias (COS) ADN. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

102 Visitors; 28 Posts

11 minutes ago, V_G28 said:

 

I applied to the traditional. If I don't get accepted I might just go to get my LVN to try the bridge 

Same here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

102 Visitors; 28 Posts

On 3/12/2019 at 10:26 AM, Lydiaclaire said:

How do your coworkers feel about the program? Level of difficulty (don't get me wrong, I know it'll be difficult but it's interesting to hear various peoples' feedback)? Do they like the instructors? Found out Friday I didn't get selected for City so I've done more research into COS's program and it sounds really good.

I spoke to one of my coworkers who is currently in the program. They said the instructors are strict and clinicals is one of the harder things for them. Hopefully this helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

145 Visitors; 11 Posts

On 3/17/2019 at 5:50 AM, AJAHRC4 said:

I spoke to one of my coworkers who is currently in the program. They said the instructors are strict and clinicals is one of the harder things for them. Hopefully this helps!

Hi there I’m currently in the cos Rn program third semester. So for my cohort I believe the lowest points to get in as an alternate was 62 points, most of my classmates had 68 points. The instructors are all awesome and want us to pass. Honestly clinicals aren’t that bad unless you’re in second semester then there’s a lot of care plans to do. I’ve been able to maintain my part time job but I’ve stuck with b’s so if you want the a’s I suggest to not work. Good luck everyone :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 Visitors; 7 Posts

6 hours ago, hopefulfuturenurse1 said:

Hi there I’m currently in the cos Rn program third semester. So for my cohort I believe the lowest points to get in as an alternate was 62 points, most of my classmates had 68 points. The instructors are all awesome and want us to pass. Honestly clinicals aren’t that bad unless you’re in second semester then there’s a lot of care plans to do. I’ve been able to maintain my part time job but I’ve stuck with b’s so if you want the a’s I suggest to not work. Good luck everyone 🙂

Did you apply for the Spring cohort or the Fall cohort? thanks for the info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52 Visitors; 11 Posts

Does anyone know if a 3.7 GPA and a 80.7 on the teas is considered low for the COS RN program?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

110 Visitors; 23 Posts

16 hours ago, hopefulfuturenurse1 said:

Hi there I’m currently in the cos Rn program third semester. So for my cohort I believe the lowest points to get in as an alternate was 62 points, most of my classmates had 68 points. The instructors are all awesome and want us to pass. Honestly clinicals aren’t that bad unless you’re in second semester then there’s a lot of care plans to do. I’ve been able to maintain my part time job but I’ve stuck with b’s so if you want the a’s I suggest to not work. Good luck everyone 🙂

Thank you for the feedback!! Good luck in your last year and on the NCLEX! Can't wait to be in your shoes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
advertisement

110 Visitors; 23 Posts

On 3/17/2019 at 5:50 AM, AJAHRC4 said:

I spoke to one of my coworkers who is currently in the program. They said the instructors are strict and clinicals is one of the harder things for them. Hopefully this helps!

Thank you for asking. Doesn't sound too bad if clinicals are the worst? I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

102 Visitors; 28 Posts

On 3/19/2019 at 7:29 AM, Hsan said:

Does anyone know if a 3.7 GPA and a 80.7 on the teas is considered low for the COS RN program?

I think you have a good shot! Those are great scores 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52 Visitors; 11 Posts

3 hours ago, AJAHRC4 said:

I think you have a good shot! Those are great scores 😁

Did you also apply or are you currently enrolled in the program?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

102 Visitors; 28 Posts

3 hours ago, Hsan said:

Did you also apply or are you currently enrolled in the program?

I applied as well. I have 66 points, 78 on Teas, AA degree, and am a CNA. I have a 3.2 GPA in science classes. I took my anatomy and physiology combined as AP 1 and AP 2 at another college where I moved for my Fiance’s job and got Bs. I got an A- in microbiology with a brand new teacher at COS. 

Edited by AJAHRC4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

102 Visitors; 28 Posts

On 3/19/2019 at 7:29 AM, Hsan said:

Does anyone know if a 3.7 GPA and a 80.7 on the teas is considered low for the COS RN program?

A lot of people I know have gotten in with a high Teas score and GPA with out experience. LVNs get seats reserved specifically for them so they are in a different pool within the pool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

52 Visitors; 11 Posts

1 hour ago, AJAHRC4 said:

I applied as well. I have 66 points, 78 on Teas, AA degree, and am a CNA. I have a 3.2 GPA in science classes. I took my anatomy and physiology combined as AP 1 and AP 2 at another college where I moved for my Fiance’s job and got Bs. I got an A- in microbiology with a brand new teacher at COS. 

That sounds really good. Thats what im mainly nervous about since im sure theres multiple people with an AA degrees applying. Im not sure if ill get in because of it since i have no experience due to barely being a sophmore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×