CHOP Video Interview

Posted

Has 3 years experience.

Hi,

I just got an email stating that I was moved to the next step of the video interview for the residency program. I was just wondering if i can record my answer more than once or if it just starts recording? Thanks!

sampedsnurse

Specializes in Peds. Has 3 years experience. 18 Posts

Hi! I just completed my interview 2 days ago (haven't heard back yet) but you have 30 seconds to read the question before recording and then 2-3 minutes to record your answer. You only get one chance to record so practice, practice, practice!!

Here were the questions I recieved

1. Why do you want to work at CHOP

2. Tell me about a time you missed a deadline & how did you fix it

3. a time you stood up for someone who wasn't there

4. you saw/felt something that wasn't right, what did you do

Good luck!

angief11

52 Posts

On 11/18/2019 at 6:54 PM, sampedsnurse said:

Hi! I just completed my interview 2 days ago (haven't heard back yet) but you have 30 seconds to read the question before recording and then 2-3 minutes to record your answer. You only get one chance to record so practice, practice, practice!!

Here were the questions I recieved

1. Why do you want to work at CHOP

2. Tell me about a time you missed a deadline & how did you fix it

3. a time you stood up for someone who wasn't there

4. you saw/felt something that wasn't right, what did you do

Good luck!

Hi! I completed my video interview several days ago as well and am waiting to see if I am placed in the New RN Talent Pool. I've heard mixed stories about the wait time since I have several friends currently employed there. Have you heard anything yet?

sampedsnurse

Specializes in Peds. Has 3 years experience. 18 Posts

Im in the same boat waiting to hear back about the Talent Pool! hopefully this week

14 minutes ago, angief11 said:

Hi! I completed my video interview several days ago as well and am waiting to see if I am placed in the New RN Talent Pool. I've heard mixed stories about the wait time since I have several friends currently employed there. Have you heard anything yet

Edited by sampedsnurse
duplicate

iconicqueen

Has 3 years experience. 35 Posts

Hey guys! I completed my video interview yesterday (11/19), and heard back today (11/20) that I am officially in the pool!

Unfortunately idk how long it takes to get matched up with a position from a nurse manager but I'll let you guys know if I hear from anyone

also, thank you @sampedsnurse so much for your guidance. i had very similar questions on my interview 🙂

it won't let me quote you for some reason haha!

Edited by AmIDumb

cass

5 Posts

Hi, I applied on the 12th! I think I had the same questions for my video interview, and heard back about the talent pool and placed for my second interview! Super excited about the process!

sampedsnurse

Specializes in Peds. Has 3 years experience. 18 Posts

Hi,

here to post an update! I was invited for the Interview day next week (dec 4th). Wish me luck!

angief11

52 Posts

Also will be interviewing 12/4! Any of you know what floor you're interviewing for?

sampedsnurse

Specializes in Peds. Has 3 years experience. 18 Posts

Congrats! My friend, who is a current new nurse resident says you rotate units for a while and then you end up on one specific unit at the end for this specific position. I personally think that's awesome because i have no idea what kind of unit I want to be on lol.

See you Wednesday!!

angief11

52 Posts

Interesting. I have two friends who were hired last August/September and they are in resident programs but they don’t rotate. One is on a pulmonary unit and the other is on general peds.

sal97, BSN, RN

Specializes in NICU. 16 Posts

19 hours ago, sampedsnurse said:

Congrats! My friend, who is a current new nurse resident says you rotate units for a while and then you end up on one specific unit at the end for this specific position. I personally think that's awesome because i have no idea what kind of unit I want to be on lol.

See you Wednesday!!

I just got hired but I’m on a specific unit

Good luck to everyone who has an interview next week! CHOP has some of the friendliest staff I’ve seen. I hope to see you all in the January cohort!

iconicqueen

Has 3 years experience. 35 Posts

On 11/25/2019 at 8:33 PM, sampedsnurse said:

Congrats! My friend, who is a current new nurse resident says you rotate units for a while and then you end up on one specific unit at the end for this specific position. I personally think that's awesome because i have no idea what kind of unit I want to be on lol.

See you Wednesday!!

LMAO i'm gonna be there too!! haha how funny. It's weird when the online world collides with real life