Jump to content

Chamberlain College of Nursing Sacramento fall 2019

Chamberlain College   (2,882 Views 70 Comments)
by EWKstudent_nurse EWKstudent_nurse (Member)

750 Visitors; 45 Posts

advertisement

Hey guys!

I wanted to start a forum to connect with potential classmates. I just received my acceptance to Chamberlain College of nursing in Sacramento. Anyone else?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pixie.RN has 18 years experience as a MSN, RN, EMT-P and specializes in EMS, ED, Trauma, CNE, CEN, CPEN, TCRN.

6 Followers; 32 Articles; 126,666 Visitors; 12,983 Posts

Good morning! I moved your post to the Chamberlain forum to encourage responses. Congratulations on your acceptance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

242 Visitors; 78 Posts

I haven't applied yet for Fall 2019.. I am studying fo HESI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

41 Visitors; 5 Posts

On 3/23/2019 at 1:28 PM, Powell.E said:

Hey guys!

I wanted to start a forum to connect with potential classmates. I just received my acceptance to Chamberlain College of nursing in Sacramento. Anyone else?!

Hey!! I was seriously considering applying to this program. What was your stats? I am so nervous 😩 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

750 Visitors; 45 Posts

20 minutes ago, Lady2020 said:

I haven't applied yet for Fall 2019.. I am studying fo HESI.

Good luck, I’m sure you’ll do great. Do lots of practice questions. I recommend the el Sevier review book since it’s made by the people that make the exam 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

750 Visitors; 45 Posts

3 minutes ago, futurebsnkatrina said:

Hey!! I was seriously considering applying to this program. What was your stats? I am so nervous 😩 

Hey!! I have around a 3.6 GPA and I got a 97% on the HESI. I was actually rejected last year so I was ecstatic and I feel blessed to have been offered a seat this go around. Everyone I have met there is so helpful. If you have any other questions please reach out 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

242 Visitors; 78 Posts

On 3/28/2019 at 10:37 PM, Powell.E said:

Good luck, I’m sure you’ll do great. Do lots of practice questions. I recommend the el Sevier review book since it’s made by the people that make the exam 🙂

I believe that’s the book I have.

I wish they would just do the TEAS like all other schools. I already took that and got 83% which is enough for all local schools. 

Sucks I have to study for a new exam it’s been 4 years since I took A&P and even longer since I took chem. 

I have been so busy that I only have a few days to study for the HESI. 

I believe I had a week to study for the TEAS. And it’s been almost a year since I took that! 

So not sure how I will do on this test I see that the English section is huge and it is my worst subject... 

they say they want HESI scores to be in the 90s... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

41 Visitors; 5 Posts

On 3/28/2019 at 10:39 PM, Powell.E said:

Hey!! I have around a 3.6 GPA and I got a 97% on the HESI. I was actually rejected last year so I was ecstatic and I feel blessed to have been offered a seat this go around. Everyone I have met there is so helpful. If you have any other questions please reach out 🙂

THANK YOU!! In order to get in this go around did u perform better on the HESI or take more classes to improve your GPA??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

750 Visitors; 45 Posts

2 hours ago, Lady2020 said:

I believe that’s the book I have.

I wish they would just do the TEAS like all other schools. I already took that and got 83% which is enough for all local schools. 

Sucks I have to study for a new exam it’s been 4 years since I took A&P and even longer since I took chem. 

I have been so busy that I only have a few days to study for the HESI. 

I believe I had a week to study for the TEAS. And it’s been almost a year since I took that! 

So not sure how I will do on this test I see that the English section is huge and it is my worst subject... 

they say they want HESI scores to be in the 90s... 

Another good resource for $14 is the pocket prep app. I swear the questions on the app mirrored the ones of the exam so it was really helpful. In my opinion, HESI was a lot easier than TEAS. I only got an 80% on teas and got a 97% on the HESI this time. Don’t psych yourself out and just pick the answer you think is correct. You get your score after each section but I waited until the end to look at it so I didn’t make myself more nervous! The way they are asked on the HESI is more straight forward and you’ll either know the answer or you won’t, it’s not like the TEAS where it tries to trick you  

Im not sure exactly what their looking for but I will say I was rejected last year with the same GPA (around 3.6-3.7) I have now but my HESI was only around an 86%. I think the average is high 80’s to low-mid 90’s. If you’re willing to re locate I know they work closely with the Arizona campus and that’s the one I was looking into if I didn’t get accepted this time.

I think they called me within a week of the committee date to tell me I was accepted so you’ll find out pretty fast once you take your HESI  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

750 Visitors; 45 Posts

5 minutes ago, futurebsnkatrina said:

THANK YOU!! In order to get in this go around did u perform better on the HESI or take more classes to improve your GPA??

So the first time I took the HESI I didn’t have any of the science pre reqs done so that’s why I scored in the 80’s because I wasn’t prepared for the science questions. So this last year I took the science courses and I felt way more prepared for the HESI. My GPA was around the same maybe it went up by like .1 but my HESI went up by a lot from doing better in the science sections 🙂

Edited by Powell.E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

41 Visitors; 5 Posts

2 minutes ago, Powell.E said:

So the first time I took the HESI I didn’t have any of the pre reqs done so that’s why I scored in the 80’s because I wasn’t prepared for the science questions. So this last year I took the science courses and I felt way more prepared for the HESI. My GPA was around the same maybe it went up by like .1 but my HESI went up by a lot from doing better in the science sections 🙂

I feel like they might count HESI scores more than GPA it seems like. I hope I do well!! Thank you so much and congrats on getting in!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

750 Visitors; 45 Posts

21 minutes ago, futurebsnkatrina said:

I feel like they might count HESI scores more than GPA it seems like. I hope I do well!! Thank you so much and congrats on getting in!!

Good luck! I’m sure you’ll do fine, they give you 2 attempts so just don’t get nervous & take your time! They give you around 5 hours and honestly that might seem like a lot but it’s helpful knowing you’re not on a time limit!

If you’ve taken anatomy, physiology, chem , math and bio at the collegiate level you should recognize the questions and as far as reading, grammar and vocab don’t underestimate it. That’s what I did my first time and I didn’t do too well in the reading. Just do lots of practice questions. 

Best of luck, I’m sure you’re gonna do great 🙂

Edited by Powell.E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing 0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×