Can I take NCLEX in MT if graduated in CA

by Savjoy22 (New) New

Hi all,

I just graduated from saddleback in California last month, and am moving to Montana in a few weeks! I have been told to try and test in CA since that is where I graduated however I am wondering if there will be an issue if I just take it in Montana. I read that some states may require more courses prior to being able to sit for the NCLEX. Any advice on that? Anyone move to MT from CA and had issues with their  license? 


Specializes in Vents, Telemetry, Home Care, Home infusion. Has 45 years experience. 11 Articles; 17,102 Posts

NCLEX is a national exam, can be taken in any state with results sent to state you desire to obtain license.

Visit Montana BON    license by examination section to check their requirements. 

Congrats on graduation and hope the move is smooth, along with successful NCLEX passage.