Questions on Wyoming Medical Center, Casper !!! - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 14, '10 by 1wyornyou're welcome. i don't work on any of those units, but from what i hear about icu and pcu it is all positive. i'm not sure if pacu is hiring right now and haven't really heard much from that area. i would say i have heard the most positive things from pcu people.
- Apr 22, '10 by WindyhillBSNI went, and hated it.
- Apr 23, '10 by 1wyornI'm sorry you didn't have a good experience windyhill. As I'm sure you now know, WMC is has taken a turn for the worse in recent months. In fact, I am no longer working there either. I wish them well, there are some good people that are trying to make things work but unfortunately the direction they are going is not very positive right now. It has got so bad that they are requiring the new grads that are just signing on, to sign a 30 month contract... you would think they would get a sign on bonus, but they don't. They have lost so many RN's that they had to come up with a way to retain some of them. If the new grads leave before their 30 months is up, I think they have to pay WMC $6,000 or something upsurd like that.
- Apr 27, '10 by hope3456So basically the new grads have to pay the hospital back for orientating them?? Is it true that last year they got flooded with new grad applicants from all over the U.S.? I recall there being a newspaper article about it. If you don't mind could you elaborate on what is going on that is so bad - or PM me, I was considering casper.
- Apr 27, '10 by 1wyornsure hope... i can expand on the subject. the unit i was working on alone lost about 90% of around 20 new grads that signed on in the last 2 years due to dissatisfaction with the unit/facility. the facility has had quite a bit of experienced RN turn over in recent months as well. i heard a number that they are short about 30 RN's. I also heard that they are hiring about 30 new grads this summer to make up for the shortage as well as getting some travelers in. i can't speak for all 15 RN's that have left the small unit that i was working on (in the past 3 months), but when i left, the feeling among staff was pretty mutual. over worked, under paid, and not much appreciation for busting your butt every shift. the facility is trying to "go magnet", thus making many clinical changes that "must" be complied to... which is understandable. most units are understaffed due to the shortage of RN's, but management is seemingly trying to pinch pennies and keep units short staffed for some reason. there is an E.R. remodel going on, so this could be part of it. one part of being a hospital that has "magnet status" is receiving higher patient satisfaction scores, and that hasn't been happening with most units being short. kinda a domino effect if you ask me. short staffing = less than adequate patient care. another reason for RN's leaving is a new hospital that recently opened across town. it started off as a neuro hospital but now they are expanding to offer more. they pay around 20% more than WMC, run a tighter ship plus treat their employees like humans instead of dollar signs from what i hear. you can PM me if you want any more info. take care, and i hope this helps explain things a little better.
- May 6, '10 by WindyhillBSNThis facility will never get magnet status. Are they kidding? This place is so behind and so below current evidenced based nursing, to say the least. I recently oriented, and the most I got to do was empty the urinal for a patient. This place disgusts me! I am currently looking for a new job, how I hope and pray I can find someone to take me. By the way, I rcvd 3000 dollars from them, and am more than willing to pay it back.
- Jul 13, '10 by SN31oh dear what have I gotten into then,
I go for my new grad interviews next week!!! Can anyone out there give me some much needed advice about whether or not I am getting in over my head. What is the process to get in and pay scale that from what I gather not so good?
What did you hate about it?
- Can anyone tell me what is the starting pay here for new grads. Has something happened that the hospital went from good to bad? Is it really hard to find housing? thanks
- Hi can you tell me what has gone wrong? Do you not think that it is a good place for a new grad?