Diapulse For Wound HealingRegister Today!
- by nurseygrrl Jul 1, '04We had an inservice today at my facility on the Diapulse machine. It's a new treatment for would healing that uses electromagnetic energy to increase blood flow and promote healing to all types of wounds.
The demonstration was great and seemed to make a lot of sense. My facility is thinking about getting a few of these. Do any of you have any experience with them and if so, what's your opinion. Is it worth it?
Here's the website:
- 4,499 Views
- Jul 1, '04 by gwenithLooks good - that foot looks like a real vasculopath's leg doesn't it????
I am going to move this thread to the wound care forum so it does not get "lost" in the mian forum.
- Jul 1, '04 by donmomofnineWe just started using a similar thing, Provont, on a resident who came to us with a huge sacral wound. In just three days time we have noted improvement to a nasty wound! We were using the wound vac product, but with worsening of the wound. This product seems to be terrific so far!
- Jul 2, '04 by unknown99We used something very similar about 8 or 9 years ago on a heel ulcer. It was a flat plate that emitted ultrasonic waves, but it had a lamp on it also. Worked real well, but I can't think of what it was called.
- Jul 2, '04 by nurseygrrlThis Diapulse thing is very cool...if it works, that is. It can also be outfitted with a doppler and a digital camera for documenting healing. It's pretty cool because you can't print the photos without a special code, so it's good for HIPAA.
- Sep 13, '09 by Chicago1208Just wondering if you still have the Diapulse or any of the Diapulse information.