Quote from trixieeebixie
Hi guys, so i am currently in nursing school and i am going to graduate with an RN/BSN in about 6 months. I have read a lot of threads and people are suggesting to join an agency? and get a visa and blah blah. its still not clear very clear. so here are my questions
1. what should i do if i want to move as a new grad?
2. is there a specific website to find hospitals that offer new grad programs that accommodates international students?
3. i have a tourist australian visa; so do i just apply for a working visa or can i transfer it or go to Australia then extend or look for a sponsor?
HELP! thank youuu
Being an Australian graduate and living in Australia for over four years now, my suggestions would be:
1) working visa
2) AHPRA registration first and foremost !
3) As local grads have limited opportunities these days, would better advice regional areas of Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia.
4) Due to strict criteria in Public Hospitals such as : preference to locals, citizens and permanent residents, would rather advise to apply private hospitals and Nursing Homes.
5) Some sort of experience would be preferable even though you are new grad!
6) Please search websites, usually new grad positions are opened online twice yearly roughly around March - May and next November- December.
Good luck ahead