looking for a job
- 0Dec 31, '11 by miss iciclesHi everbody I am a c.n.a and I have 7 years of exp in long term care I have been looking for work for allmost a year is there anybody else finding it hard to get a job in Milwaukee
- 1Jan 1, '12 by Biffbradford"Really? Hmmm, isn't that interesting. I wonder why?"
That's what a nurse recruiter in southern WI said to me when I mentioned that job finding was very tight. Was that just a line of bull, or was she serious? There are hiring freezes in the area.
Anyway, welcome to the club and best of luck to 'ya. You're not alone, believe me!
- 1Jan 11, '12 by BiffbradfordThe economy is not right. While Wheaton St. Francis is building a new 'neuro building', Aurora is contemplating shutting down Sinai Samaritan downtown. Meanwhile, Spaulding Medical 'may' rent out space there for their drug trials. It's all a big mess.
I like checking the Business Journal to keep in touch with what the companies are going through.
- 0Jan 19, '12 by LexirunnerIf you're looking for a job as a CNA, maybe it depends on where you apply? I live just west of Waukesha and was called back for interviews at almost every place I applied, and offered a job for each interview, with no experience. These were all assisted living/LTC facilities though. I haven't tried applying at any hospitals, but there are quite a few positions open in this area in hospitals. Good luck!
- 0Jan 25, '12 by doodledomeYou are not alone. My mom after 20 years of ICU/Med-surg nurse quit her job due to burnout and poor management and found a job that she hates but took it because after a year and a half she had to do something. No one will hire her because she quit on the spot at her last employer after working there for 12 years!! I have noticed hospitals in MKE hiring new grads before experienced nurses due to them being much cheaper. Sad. Best of luck to you.