Prereqs at WGURegister Today!
- by calistudent818 Oct 31, '12Hi all of you out there that are currently enrolled in WGU or recently graduated from the program. I was wondering what you did to fufill your prereqs? community college, straighterline, DSST and/or Clep tests?
For the WGU grads, if you used straighterline to fulfill some or the majority of your prereqs, did you have any issues with those credits transferring or being accepted by other institutions that you applied to for grad/masters program?
I'm trying to decide what route to take to fulfill my prereqs that keeps my options open in case I want to go into a masters program later down the line. Right now, I am thinking for all my prereq sciences, it might be best to do a live class at a community college and do my other prereqs through straighterline or test out of them through DSST or Clep.
I appreciate any advice or feed back on this.
Thanks in advance for your help!
- 2,662 Views
- Oct 31, '12 by kloneOther than stats (which I took through Frontier when I was enrolled in that program), I did all my other prereqs through WGU.
- Dec 17, '12 by crymsyndivathis is kind of an old thread now, but thanks for letting me know we could take our prereqs through there. Klone, was the cost for that part the same as the cost for the rest of prelicensure?
- Dec 19, '12 by kloneI didn't do the prelicensure program at WGU, I did the RN-BSN program. But yes, the prereqs cost the same, it's all part of the same tuition.
- Dec 20, '12 by crymsyndivaI just spoke with my admissions rep today and was told that only stats and 1 other could be taken through WGU. she is emailing me a list of online places
- Dec 21, '12 by kloneWhat type of prereqs are you talking about? Maybe we're talking about two different things. I'm talking about the non-core nursing courses, like humanities, nutrition, stats, biochem, micro, A&P, etc. All of those can be taken through WGU.
- Dec 21, '12 by crymsyndivaInteresting since I was told they no longer could be and referred to straighterline
- Dec 21, '12 by kloneWell, I know that a lot of stuff is changing starting January 1, so maybe that's part of it? I don't know. I would go to the RN-BSN page at Facebook and ask there.
- Jan 28 by nancysellI am too looking into the program, i dont see microbio on wgu course list- i am wgu student in diff. program though... was thinking of doing the nursing program but wasnt sure if you could do prereqs while at wgu.