Any disadvantages to WGU? Considering the program - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 22, '12 by chaisaciOP Good luck in the rest of your programLast edit by chaisaci on Aug 22, '12
- Aug 22, '12 by CrunchRNWas anyone able to find any scholarship money for this program?
- Aug 22, '12 by marycarneyThey have a scholarship tab in the school financial aid website. I got $1000 / term from AARP (you only had to be 40 to qualify - and let's just say I was waaaaaay over-'qualified' for it.)
Also, if you live in a WGU state college state (Indiana, Texas, Washington and ??Florida) there are usually scholarship monies there as well.
- Aug 22, '12 by CrunchRNI am waaaaay over 40 and I am in Texas. I really need to do this, but with my husbands job facing long term lay off I cannot get into debt right now. Any tips on how to access those state monies marycarney?
I did test and get accepted there a while back, but they were no help on the scholarship stuff and I could not find anything.....
Thanks for letting me know what you were able to find.
- Aug 22, '12 by cayenne06I loved my experience with WGU while I was getting my BSN. The only drawback is the stupid 3.0 GPA. I wish they would just list it as "pass/fail." I had a 3.97 GPA out of nursing school and definitely didn't like having a 3.0 on my record. Anyway, I am starting my MSN through WGU, and have applied for a local post-grad program come next fall. I verified ahead of time that they accept WGU degrees, but I am a little worried about how my "3.0" GPA will affect my application. I guess we will find out!
- Aug 22, '12 by marycarneyWGU Indiana has been working with DNP programs with the dread '3.5 GPA' rule to accept MSN grads. They have really gone the extra mile in trying to help their grads go further.