Moving to Seattle alone? - Page 2Register Today!
- Sep 29, '12 by aukamcPlease post on how things go. I am a peds critical care nurse (14 years + manager) and left it 2 years ago for ER. love my change but now am getting divorced and looking to move from Iowa to Seattle. I am looking into the traveling option as i did it before and loved it. I am a single mom so i understand being scared. I would be entirely alone and have some of the same concerns.
- Oct 19, '12 by guruamritI am 23 years old and graduate in may 2013, and plan to move to Seattle alone. Its very exciting and scary at the same time. I wouldn't mind making a few friends ahead of time. I am coming from Texas. Hopefully the market is good!
- Nov 2, '12 by ShantheRNAnyone made the move yet? I'm finishing my BSN and squirreling away more money before I start seriously applying for positions. I'm thinking 2014 is my year! I'm too chicken to haul myself across the country without a LOT of safety nets in place first.
- Nov 2, '12 by mariebaileyI'm a bit of a nomad. I moved to Baltimore, CO, & VA, among other places, knowing absolutely no one. I'm a/b to move to AK. You are on the right track by choosing a larger city. You tend to stumble into people with common interests in larger, more diverse places vs. smaller, more homogeneous communities. I don't regret moving across the country on my own; just be patient the 1st few months. If you're an extreme extrovert (unlike me), that 1st few months b/f you have a group of friends may be difficult. Adventures like this are worth the sacrifices if you ask me. Go for it! Best of luck!
- Apr 14 by Just4KixsHey all!
I thought I should put myself in this forum as well since I too will be moving to Seattle. I'm from California and will be finished with my BSN from San Francisco by this December. I got hired by a hospital there to work an RN student summer internship and then will work there full time after graduation, so I intend to move there next year. I am 22 years old and will be new to the area! So excited and scared at the same time!