Interview at Swedish?Register Today!
- by itri4vt May 29, '11Hi! I have an interview at Swedish and I just wanted to see if anyone had advice for what kinds of questions to expect from them. Should I be ready for clinical questions?
- May 29, '11 by ceea44What unit/position?
- May 29, '11 by I♥Dexteritri4vt-Is it a phone interview or a face-to-face interview? and yeah, same question as ceea44: what unit/position?
- May 29, '11 by itri4vtHi! Already had a phone interview with the recruiter. This is face-to-face with the hiring manager. It's for an ER Resident position.
Thanks for any suggestions!
- May 29, '11 by I♥DexterCongrats!! That's awesome!! I have heard that their NG interviews are more behavioral type questions. Probably because they don't expect NGs to have a whole lot of clinical experience. I wish I knew more. Good luck!! Let us know how it goes!!Last edit by I♥Dexter on May 29, '11 : Reason: mistake
- Jun 1, '11 by itri4vtIt went really well. Luckily I had a way to relate to the manager, and I brought along two papers from nursing school that we were able to start off talking about (since I gave it to him in a stack with my resume right off the bat). I think that helped me stand out a bit.
I asked several good questions of him as well. I gave a thank-you note to the secretary to pass along to him.
I was the last of 3 to be interviewed... so I should know early next week. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
- Jun 1, '11 by CCL RNGood luck! Swedish is a fantastic place to work!
- Jun 7, '11 by itri4vtI got beat out by an internal candidate, a tech who probably had lots of the staff pushing for him/her to get it. Here's the email I got:
Thank you for taking the time to interview for the ED Resident RN position. I wanted to let you know that we have ultimately selected an internal candidate who has worked as a tech in our ED for this position. However, [the hiring manager] wanted me to stress to you that you interviewed extremely well for this position and it was a very hard decision (which is the reason for the delay in making a decision). He also wanted to say that he thinks you will do excellent wherever you end up Ė and truly wishes he had another position open.
I also want to encourage you to continue checking our website for other resident positions. If I can answer any questions for you, donít hesitate to contact me.
A huge disappointment, since it all was out of my control. I guess the positive side is that I now have a contact at this hospital system so I can hopefully do some networking.
- Jun 7, '11 by HirethisRN!!Sorry to hear you didn't get the residency....I know your disappointment!! I've been beat out for several. How long have you been a new grad for? And, is it true that Swedish only hires new RNs into residencies and that all other RN positions open require experience?
- Jun 12, '11 by CCL RNBummer.