Shenandoah University Accelerated BSN - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 13, '12 by bokergloryHI jmb12,
I am a current student at Leesburg campus. Just wanted quickly answer your location questions. Leesburg is a satellite campus, so there is no on-campus housing. A lot of single people share apartments in the Leesburg area. OUr clinicals are all located in NOrthern VA. Loudoun Inova is the closest (10-15 min) to Leesburg campus. Fair Oaks Inova and Reston about 25-35 min driving distance. We have a lot of commuters also. But I would recommend getting an apartment with some room mates in the Leesburg area.And you will definitely need a car. Good luck!
- Apr 15, '12 by jmb12Hi Bokerglory,
Thank you for the reply! Greatly appreciated!!! I was so confused on where to live....Winchester or Leesburg. I have a few more questions to ask. Hope you don't mind.
Do we take any classes at the main campus in Winchester or is it all at Leesburg campus? Also, do you know if there are any good public transportations such as the metro, or train? I heard many people in general take metro, or train to get to places. I am not sure yet if I will be driving. I am not familiar at all with Virginia. I need figure out how to get to clinicals. I also read your post and you mentioned that public transportation is not good around Leesburg at all? Oh no...I might have drive then.
Regarding to housing-is there a site where I can see if any students need roomates? During my undergraduate, I used uloop.com. It is a site to look for roomates, housing, selling books,etc. Also, do you have any suggestions where to live in Leesburg? I hope to live near a grocery store, gym and convenient public transportation. Also, if I can find a safe area to live in that would be great!
Also, how are you doing in the program and do you overall like the accelerated-classes, rotations? Karen sent me a powerpoint of our academic calander with classes and such. I am a bit worried because this program is fast-paced 15months.Last edit by jmb12 on Apr 15, '12
- Apr 19, '12 by jmb12BlankLast edit by jmb12 on Apr 19, '12
- Apr 19, '12 by jmb12Thanks Bokerglory for your help! I spoke to admissions counselor, and she mentioned for out-of-state students it is more convenient for them to live in Winchester instead of Leesburg. Anyone know any good suggestions on where to live ? I want to live close to the health professional building. Also anyone attending for Fall 2012 at Winchester campus and/or coming from CA as well?
- Apr 24, '12 by njgreen1I just recently got accepted into the ABSN program too! I will be moving from North Dakota! Does anyone know what they are going to do about their housing situation? I am planning on living on campus, but if anyone is looking for a roommate, I'd be interested!
- Apr 26, '12 by qselbyhi njgreen1!
i will be attending su this fall for the absn program too! i am interested in a roommate. i live in dc and recently went to visit the campus. i asked around and got a refferal to pine burke realty. here is the link [color=#009933]www.pineburkerealty[color=#009933].com. i called and mr. burke said that he has some properties that are about 1 mile from su. i am ready to get serious about securing a place to live. please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. i hope to hear from you or anyone else who might have an interest very soon!
- May 19, '12 by JwtannerI have! I will starting the long drive out there about August 12th and couldn't be more excited to start the program. I am attending the July 6th orientation which is the first time I will be seeing the campus and also have some housing visits lined up for that weekend. Nothing locked down yet though. How about you? You can email me @ email@example.com. I hardly ever check this forum.
- May 19, '12 by emmybear1985Hi Everyone!
I am also going to be going to SU this fall for the ASD! I currently live in Herndon, VA (near Dulles airport), but I lived in Ashburn, VA for 2 years. I am very familiar with the area, if anyone needs advice on where to live. I guess the address for the campus is technically Leesburg, but I think it's closer to Ashburn. It's definitely on the boarder and if you are looking for an apt, I'd suggest closer to Ashburn than Leesburg if the clinicals are out in Fair Oaks. Leesburg (depending on how far out you go) is kind of far from most things. The first apartment I lived in the Ashburn area was probably a mile away from the SU campus. It was called Saddle Ridge by Equity Apartments. It was an OK place to live, a little bit of an older place, but the floor plans were nice and big and the apt was kept up pretty well. I have a friend that also lives in an apartment very close to the campus. I believe her apt is called the Landsdown Camden. It seems like a nice place and the rent is decent.
I'll also be at the July 6th orientation. I've never seen the Winchester campus before, but the Leesburg campus seems very nice and new.
Good luck to everyone that is transplanting - I'm happy to help in any way I can.
- Jul 27, '12 by MZZZ1Hi everyone! I will be attending Leesburg campus am still looking for a place to live , so far the places I looked at are all pretty expensive, if any of you are still looking for a roommate or have any advice please share! =)
- Jul 27, '12 by MZZZ1Hi! I am looking for housing in Leesburg area too! did you find anything?