UTA Spring 2013 - page 18
by tnuh | 112,433 Views | 605 Comments
Hello everyone! Just wanted to start this thread for anyone planning on attending UTA's nursing program in the Spring of 2013..... I am working on the last of my pre-reqs right now at TCC, but I plan on attending UTA this fall... Read More
- 0Oct 2, '12 by svh040789https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjotcMFv-EMEdG9qSktwUGVKeGM4eFNoNDFMN1FwS3c#gid=0p
StudentJen Made This Feel Free To Add Yourself If You Haven't Already!!
- 0svh040789 thanks so much for posting that document again! I updated my stats under the 2013 Spring AP applicant list. I pray that I am accepted this time around I emailed our THR/UTA liaison to try to find out how many employees applied this time (since those are the only ones we are competing with lol) and she said she is having a meeting with UTA tomorrow and should know more info. This is so frustrating because in Feb of this year she already knew this info for the Fall pool of applicants. It doesn't make a lick of difference, I know, but having a number in my head brings me peace haha!
Here's hoping that "3rd times a charm" is true for me! Honestly, things really do happen for a reason, and my oldest daughter just started Kindergarten and it has been wonderful being able to focus on the transition to a new adventure and I've enjoyed doing all the "classroom mommy" things so far. I have now spent an entire year taking courses I don't need because I have to keep financial aid happy so that i can continue getting my aid and grants just in case I got called off the waitlist or whatever. It will be nice to hopefully start and know that I will be done 15 months later (at the age of 37)! My friend "megreen" just started clinicals Sept 12 and is studying many, many, many hours each week. She is loving being in MedSurg right off the bat and I am so proud of her!
Again, good luck to everyone, and I can't wait to hear that all of us got in! it will be so cool to finally put some faces to the names!
- 0Oct 2, '12 by bellenoirfemmeQuote from Denisse_1mphillips was right. I emailed my advisor on Sunday night and she told me on Monday that we should receive a response by MavMail early October but definitely by mid-October for sure. I will take her word and try not to explode from the waiting..lol!Let's hope your speculation is correct
Some students have been saying that last year they sent the letters early DECEMBER!!
- 0eldraper7 this is OUR time!!! Which entity do you work for? I am downtown FW in the ER. I love it! I have seen you on allnurses for about as long as I have been on here, I think, so I'm glad to know you're still cruising along this journey too! I had to put all of my eggs in one basket with UTA each time because: 1) online is all that will work for me and my family; 2) Many places are no longer hiring ADN's anymore (Baylor and THR no longer do and the ones they have hired they have to bridge to BSN within 2 years anyway). I often think I should have done an ADN and then let the hospital pay for me to bridge but I am just too far in it to go another route in my opinion This is just what I set out to do from the day I heard about the AP program, and as slow going and frustrating as it is at times, I know it's what is right for me. Okay, I'm done with the cheese for tonight!! I am going to dream that emails miraculously appear in our inboxes tonight.....
- 0Oct 2, '12 by svh040789No Problem. I'm @ Southwest.
ER As Well. Love It too!
Yes Everything Does Happen For A Reason, God Is Just Trying To Set Up Your Life The Way He Knows That Will Be Best For You. Congrats On Your Baby Going To Kindergarten!
I'm Not Sure I'm Going To Apply In The Fall Again I Think I Will Go With My Back Up. I'm Young But I Still Don't Have Time To Sit Around Another Year...No Way. I've Been Waiting Too Long.
- 0Oct 3, '12 by DFWnurse2beQuote from svh040789Where else did you apply, svh040789? I agree with nikkib, seems like they email the letters out at the end of the day on Friday....maybe this Friday's the day!? I too am trying to keep my mind off of it - Parkland only has 10 spots.....I have no idea how many applied in the Fall.3rd Times A Charm. You Will Get In..Don't Worry. I Hate That You Have To Wait So Long Again To Start If You Get Denied! I Made Sure I Had A Back Up This Time.
Nikki - how did you find out that there was 24 people that applied for the THR partnership?