UTA Spring 2013 - Page 16Register Today!
- Sep 25, '12 by JesbustosDo you have to be working with a hospital or partner to apply? Or can you just be a second degreed applicant?
- Sep 25, '12 by nikkib376@jesbustos, you don't have to have a degree to apply. However, for the AP program, partnered applicants get chosen first for clinicals. For the traditional on-campus program it doesn't matter if you work in a partner hospital or not. I hope this helps!
- Sep 25, '12 by nikkib376Oops! I meant you don't have to be working in a partner hospital to APPLY. Sleep deprivation at its finest!
- Sep 25, '12 by kels.weirAnyone hear any new updates about UTA's decision?! October 1st is only 6 days away.
- Sep 26, '12 by JesbustosSo,, can anyone explain the whole wait list process to me? You can roll over from one application periods wait list to another?
- Quote from JesbustosJesbustos - UTA makes their selections based on a ranking process. If you meet the criteria, but weren't ranked as high as others, you could be placed on a waitlist. You could be called off the waitlist anytime up until orientation, if a spot opens up. A spot would open up if another applicant that was accepted couldn't start the program for whatever reason (personal issues, they didn't pass Path&Pharm, etc.). If you do not get called off the waitlist, then your application will be forwarded to the next application period - we were also told to apply again for the next date.....I would do both. As mentioned in some of the other posts...for the AP BSN program, partnered applicants (those working at partnered hospitals) will be chosen first. If there are less people who apply, than spots available at a particular facility, then unpartnered applicants are considered.So,, can anyone explain the whole wait list process to me? You can roll over from one application periods wait list to another?
There is a lot to know and the advisors aren't always straight forward with their information. Just be sure to ask a lot of questions and keep on them about stuff! Are you thinking of applying?
- Quote from kels.weirKelweir ~ I can't believe it's almost October! I was really hoping that we would find out something before Oct. 1st, but doesn't seem likely. I emailed my advisor to see if he could give me a little something and confirm if we would know by the 1st or if it would be closer to the end of the month....his exact words were "it's hard to say, but definitely sometime in October". Ha! Thanks for nothing Someone else posted that they were told hopefully decisions will be made by Oct. 1 with letters going out the following week...I really hope that's the case! I am so anxious to find out!!! Good Luck to youAnyone hear any new updates about UTA's decision?! October 1st is only 6 days away.
- Sep 26, '12 by JesbustosOmg thank you for the detailed reply!!! Yes I am going to apply for the Fall 2013 and could use all the information I can get!!! If I wanted to get a job w the partner hospital, who do I go thought? San Antonio seems like a new chapter to the UTA Ap BSN program... How would I go about this? Is it ANY job position within the partner school?
- Quote from JesbustosYes - any position at a Partner Hospital. I believe there is a list of hospitals that UTA partners with on their website. I think you have to be partnered at the time you apply for that to be considered an "advantage" in the ranking process - but might want to check on that. Many people try for PCA or Tech positions - I happened to already work at my hospital when I found out about the program. As for how you would go about getting a job, you have to apply through the facility itself as if you would apply to any job. There is no need/reason to indicate anything about the AP BSN when you apply to the facility - in fact you probably wouldn't want to tell them that is why you are applying for the job, lol You will need to apply to UTA first, then there is a 2nd application for the AP BSN program (College of Nursing). Here is the link to the AP BSN website: http://academicpartnerships.uta.edu/...#About-Program. Use the links at the bottom with the program fliers.Omg thank you for the detailed reply!!! Yes I am going to apply for the Fall 2013 and could use all the information I can get!!! If I wanted to get a job w the partner hospital, who do I go thought? San Antonio seems like a new chapter to the UTA Ap BSN program... How would I go about this? Is it ANY job position within the partner school?
Hope this helps!
- Sep 27, '12 by lharvickHow do they notify people? By mavs e-mail or by usps mail?