UTA Second Degree Fast Track Program - page 6
by shasta12 29,944 Views | 104 Comments
Hey y'all! I'm about to start taking my prereqs this summer to meet the Jan 5, 2010 app deadline for the University of Texas at Arlington Second Degree Fast Track Program. Anyone around about to do the same thing? or... Read More
- 0Jul 19, '09 by ms.hopeful2013You should be fine as long as everything is completed by December, I know it would be nice to know somebody starting in the spring As for Micro I'm taking it at TCC with ******and the nursing classes of course have to be taken at UTALast edit by tnbutterfly on Oct 11, '09 : Reason: Please do not post names
- 2Jul 21, '09 by lweatherbyI am just about to finish a second degree fast track at the University of Texas in Tyler. It was a pilot program here that was funded through a grant. There were 11 of us in the program. We all had a bachelors degree in other areas (mine was social work). I started last summer and will graduate in two weeks. Unfortunately, they did not begin another group this summer because the funding fell through. I think they are now working on alternative funding. At any rate, as someone who has gone through the fast track program I can tell you that it is doable. However, the summers are brutal!!! We took 16 hours the first summer and are taking 15 hours this summer. The regular semesters are difficult, but they are the same for all bsn students. We had to take 1 more class than the other BSN students during the last regular semester. Otherwise, they were the same. So, the "fast" part of the program was both of the summer semesters. Out of the 11 of us, 10 will finish the program. We are all exhausted.... but in one piece.
You must be dedicated and willing to go through one year straight of doing nothing but studying, working on projects and doing clincals. There will only be very small breaks and usually during those breaks, you are working on projects that are due when you get back from the break. It is tough, but it can be done. I did not work and I do not have small children, so I didn't have those things to deal with.
Good luck to all! It will be over before you know it!
- 1Quote from goopsyCONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!OMG! I got two emails this morning congratulating me on my acceptance to the UTA School of Nursing Academic Partnership Program aka the fast track program!!!! I could not be happier! I am so excited.
So this is the 15 month program? You rock girl! So happy for you! Go celebrate!
- 0Sep 22, '09 by goopsyQuote from elizabelleTHANKS SO MUCH!!! TWU is still an option, for sure if I get in. I really don't know what I am going to do if I get accepted to TWU as well because both schools really have their advantages/disadvantages. But I am just happy that I got into 1 for sure.So I guess this means that you're def headed to UTA? Or is TWU still a possibility?
- 0Sep 23, '09 by goopsywell actually not...i emailed my advisor and she said there was a "glitch in the system" and, "at this point, we have not even processed your ap applications, so that letter was sent erroneously. i apologize for any emotional inconvenience the letter might have caused." now i need to call everyone in my family and tell them. great.