Tucson, AZRegister Today!
- by jhf0174 Aug 30, '02Has anyone worked at SunBridge Park Villa in Tucson, AZ? It's a LTC facility that is taking on travelers. Am considering a contract with them. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
- 2,122 Views
- Sep 3, '02 by renerianNo I am sorry I have not worked there. I am considering a LTC in Phoenix. Let me know what you decided.....
- Sep 3, '02 by spineCNORHi Janet,
I have not worked at that facility- worked at UMC/Tucson years ago. If you take the assignment please go visit the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum-- it's a must see if you are in Tucson.
- Sep 7, '02 by jhf0174Looks like it won't be Tucson anytime soon! (And we were sooo looking forward to it!) The DON from that facility never could be pinned down for an interview with me. Not sure what the problem was, but after talking to the state about the latest survey, it probably is just as well! Maybe we'll get to Tucson later!
- Sep 7, '02 by renerianI always check a facilities suverys on line so I can see their sitings, and their national/state staffing ratios.
- Good idea, Renarian! I think I will check that out prior to, also, in the future.
- Sep 8, '02 by renerianJanet are you working with a recuiter for an agency that does much LTC? I am finding it hard to get a company that does that type of placement?
- Hi, Renerian! I am working with Jan Heath at TravStaff, but they tried to connect me to the DON at a facility in Tucson for about 2 months with no luck. First the DON was on vacation for 3 1/2 wks, then the state was in while she was gone. Not sure what the problem is, but I have asked Jan to submit me to different facilities, especially after seeing the results of their last 2 years worth of surveys! I am gettig frustrated, as I thought it would take about 2 to 3 wks to find a position after I received my license. (It only took 1 1/2 wks to get my Arizona temp license in hand, believe it or not!) Jan is great. This facility was new to their agency, so part of the problem was trying to find out who to talk to while the DON was on vacation. I have talked to other agencies that have offered me positions in LTC, but they only offered $13 to $16/hr! Needless to say, I didn't accept any of those offers. Part of my frustration is that I also have recent experience in Rehab and Med/Surg, so didn't expect it to take this long to connect with a traveling position! Are you an experienced traveler or are you new to it like me?
- Sep 8, '02 by renerianJanet I only did home health traveling and it was a major pain. I ended up getting so lost as I would have to drive in several counties. I think traveling is great when you only have to learn how to get to one place to start but when I drive in California and I am from Ohio it was not fun. I liked the job though. My problem is I have worked in home health since 91. I did work LTC from 97 to 2000. I am starting at a SNF tomarrow to update my resume so I can do some other traveling in rehab or something. I would not think it would be hard to find LTC or SNF work but it is. I am trying to get a dialysis internship since the base of my acute care is hem/onc/bmt and it is a total change so I would need alot of training. My recruiter says it may take several months to iron that one out. That rate you were quoted was really low. Did you look at cross country's website. I am actually listed with 6 agencies. ARe you listed with only l?
- I am actively working with 2 agencies, Renerian, although I have listed with several others. I will be calling other agencies tomorrow to see if I can increase my likelihood of finding a position in the next few weeks! (As well as re-contacting the agencies I have already signed up with.) The agencies I am working with pay a minimum of $18/hr, which is CLOSER to what I currently make. I was surprised that, with the nursing shortage, traveling positions weren't offering at least what I can make WITHOUT going through an agency as an LPN!