Palm Springs, CARegister Today!
- by AWanderingMinstral Oct 23, '12Can anyone recommend an agency that exclusively/routinely has travel contracts in Palm Springs? THANKS!
- Oct 24, '12 by NedRNAn agency that staffs only Palm Springs? You can try local agencies, but they are unlikely to do travel contracts. Why don't you want to work for a regular travel company? There won't be one that only staffs Palm Springs. Try Emerald, CCTC, and AM.
- Oct 24, '12 by AWanderingMinstralQuote from NedRNCertain travel agencies have exclusive contracts with certain facilities, etc. That's what I meant. I am currently a traveler and I'm with four agencies.An agency that staffs only Palm Springs? You can try local agencies, but they are unlikely to do travel contracts. Why don't you want to work for a regular travel company? There won't be one that only staffs Palm Springs. Try Emerald, CCTC, and AM.
- Oct 24, '12 by NedRNCall the hospital and ask what agencies they use and if they use a vendor manager.
- Nov 1, '12 by rowdynunRecognize the make all traveler's take the PBDS test. You fail; you have no job. It is a joke. I refuse to work anywhere that retarded traveler-weedout test is required.
- Nov 3, '12 by vikichckHi I live in Palm Springs and work for Eisenhower Medical Center. I was in your position a year ago exactly so let me make it easy for you! All travel jobs start in January. You won't find a travel job right now in Palm Springs. Hospitals aren't in need of nurses until January-end of April because it is our off season right now. I was looking for a travel position here last year from july-september and nothing came up. I took up a permanent job instead with EMC in September. Then in January the hospital hired a bunch of travel nurses for the busy season. I'm not sure which agencies but there are a lot of different ones. Lucky for you EMC just gave raises for the first time in 3 years so it may actually be worth it to take up a travel position. They were paying their experienced staff ICU nurses $ 35 an hour blended rate until this month. So everyone is a lot happier now with their raises. I would choose EMC over JFK or Desert Regional Medical center. EMC is trying to become magnet so they are strict on their patient/nurse ratios. Tele nurses get 4 patients and Medsurg 5. Good luck to ya and message me if you have questions!
- Nov 16, '12 by goldengirl88how do you like Eisenhower, and the area in general? I have an interview for ICU travel position. I'm 24 so do you think the area is a great place for someone my age? How's the weather like right now (winter months) I"m coming from atlanta, ga so not sure what to expect!
- Dec 1, '12 by vikichckEisenhower is a nice place to work. Most of the patients are very nice but you will have some that think they are more important than any one else because of how much money they have. The city is full of expensive resorts and country clubs. The city gets more exciting when the busy season comes. People from LA, San Diego come to Palm Springs over the weekend to get away from the busy cities. Then the snow birds from Canada and the colder cities vacation for the winter months as well. Coachella Music Festival, Stage Coach, BNP Paribas Tennis tournament, golf tournaments, White Party, many other festivals happening. Other months I wouldn't recommend staying for anyone younger than 30. I'm 27 so it has been a very boring summer. When my boyfriend and I go out anywhere we are surrounded by retires. I love the older population but after a while I miss being around my own generation! Good luck with the job! Message me if you have any other questions.
- Dec 10, '12 by ERRNinMIDepending on which hospital you are looking to work at, call the hospital and ask who they have contracts with. The comment below about no jobs til January is not true, EMC ER hires travelers as early as October and through April due to increased staffing needs during season. Other departments I am unsure. I started as a traveler last year, was contracted October - April.
- Oct 23 by RNsteph22My agency- Aureus Medical Group- has positions in Palm Springs Nov-March.Last edit by DidiRN on Oct 23