New assignment and new agencyRegister Today!
- by Brownms46 Oct 17, '02I have just agreed to a new assignment in Southern Oregon on a Lake. It's a Mon-Fri 8:30 to 5:30pm, with no weekends, and no holidays... Unfortunately there is no opportunity for OT...but I can live with that. It is doing something that I have already done, working with a residency program in a clinic/hospital. Mostly indigent pt's and the hospital is owned by the community.
I will be the only LPN in this position, and I have been told I will be given a WHOLE week to orient! Can't believe my good fortune, as the references for this place has been very good. But you never know until you get there...so we shall see.
The new agency is Aureus Medical, and they're paying for everything including linens, microwave...TV..the works! Not only that they're also paying for my titers, my CXR(as I can't do PPDs), and since mine was five years ago, they required a new one. And they're paying for the drug screen which is kind of usual. And the pay is still good also!
I start in as soon as I get my license approved which should be in two weeks. I'm not sure I'm ready to have the possiblity of dealing with some snow, but this position will be a good addition to my already lengthy resume. I will be close to the Cali border, and close to where I evidentally want to end up.
Happy trails...Last edit by Brownms46 on Oct 18, '02
- 4,821 Views
- Oct 18, '02 by eltripAnd here I was, hoping that you'd still be in Arizona! Hope that you enjoy Oregon!
- Oct 18, '02 by reneriansounds like aprimo assignment! I may go back to traveling in a year or so. I did traveling home health.
what agency are you working with?
- Hi eltrip,
I'm sorry I didn't see your post until now. I hope you haven't left yet, because I will still be here when you get here. If you see this, give me a holler and I will meet you at place of your choosing. PM me and let me know you saw this.Last edit by Brownms46 on Oct 21, '02
- Hi renerian,
I'm going with Aureus Medical, and from what I hear they're a good agency, but you never know till after the assignment starts.
- Oct 21, '02 by aus nurse
Sounds great Brownms, have fun on the new adventure
- Oct 21, '02 by nightingaleIt sounds great Brown. Let us know how it is going.
- Aus nurse and nightngale...,
Thank you both for you postin I just got off the phone with my recruiter, after having received the contract, and finding out things I didn't know. Well...I must say I have indeed been blessed to find this agency!
They have just offered to cover half my Cobra payments as they're insurance doesn't kick in for 90 days instead of 30. I have been told I will be receivng a two BR fully furnsihed apt. down to the phone and the cable being paid! In other words I will be paying NO housing costs at all!!! I don't have to bring anything with me except for my own personal items, and my pc equipment!!
I will keep you updated as to how this assignment goes, so and maybe provide pics from the assignment, now that I will be working regular hours... It's a beautiful area, and praying I will like it a lot....
- Oct 22, '02 by eltripWay primo, Brownie! Again, congrats!
- Oct 22, '02 by Brownms46Heyy Joy, thanks..!
I have sent you a PM!!! See ya soon..!