Heard of American Mobile Healthcare - page 3
by jaycrue 42,523 Views | 118 Comments
Hi everyone. Has anyone heard of American Mobile. The rep. has been calling me. Can you tell me about their reputaion, pay, etc. Thanks :) Jaycrue :cool:... Read More
- 0May 17, '05 by suzanne4Quote from graybar hiltonThanks Suzanne, who do you work for? I am looking for corrections only and need some advise about companies. Any suggestions? Any helpful hints about what to look for, ask about or information I make sure to find out about?
Thanks in advance,
Not sure who does corrections, I know that the agency that I work for doesn't.
You should be worried about where you will be living, what your accomodations will be like, they should be private and you should not have to pay more for it, etc. Which utilities are included? What is reimbursement for your travel out, or will they fly you to the location, etc.....
These are just a few of the questions.........
AS far as I know, Corrections staffing is just done by a few agencies, but I am not sure of any of their names.....
- 0May 18, '05 by margeuxQuote from laborRn01Hi laborrn, actually that wasn't my orginal message, somehow it looks as if I'm the lucky one to have that kind of travel compnay, but this is going to be my first time traveling. the company that's mentioned by nicky is On Assignment , they sound good don't they? I'm in the process of contacting them. let you know if they're really that good.Can you send me the name of your company via private message as well? Thanks in advance.
- 0May 27, '05 by LoriRN911Quote from graybar hiltonThanks Suzanne, who do you work for? I am looking for corrections only and need some advise about companies. Any suggestions? Any helpful hints about what to look for, ask about or information I make sure to find out about?
Thanks in advance,
If you find companies that contract for Corrections I'd be interested as well. Pref. the South. Let me know.............Thanks
- 0Jun 2, '05 by NurseJacquiQuote from HMtravelRNI've been traveling with American Mobile for a year now. What can I say? I've traveled with 3 other agencies, and have tried recently to get an assignment with a fourth. My "recruiter" at Cross Country doesn't return my calls, and I haven't even taken an assignment with them yet. If they don't return them now, and I have trouble on an assignment, it's likely that I'll not get a call back THEN, either. Gee. I don't think I'll be taking an assignment with them after all.
2 other companies (both large names) were worse. One small company was better, but they have fewer available assignments for me. All-in-all, if you get a good recruiter at AMN, they are a pretty good company to work for. At least they call you back. The pay rates vary per assignment, and per company, but I'll take a few dollars less to have a great recruiter (D.P.), who listens to my concerns and works with me to get what I want for an assignment. The housing is mostly good, and I pay a little extra for private housing, but it's worth it to me just to have someone support me when I'm out at the facility working hard. -Hope, RN
Hi...I have actually been looking into AM...just out of curiousity...how much is " a little extra" for private housing? Because I am defintely not willing to share!
- 0Jun 5, '05 by nyck76My story was similar to HMtravelRN's, I was with AMN for 2 years. Actually I hated the company then but I stayed because I loved my recuiter. But when her husband got transferred and she had to quit, I got stuck with this crappy recuiter and that was enough to make me look at other companies and leave. Once my recuiter quit we would still talk and she told me how crappy they really were. Everytime I would extend at a facility with them they would decrease the pay by 0.50 - $1.00/hour, which is crazy. I should have left them then, but I liked my recuiter. Perfect example right now of how cheap they are is I work at Scripps Mercy in San Diego now as a traveler and the AMN nurses are not even making $28/hour,plus 1 girl who has been there since March just extended for another 6 months and is still paying 100/month for a private apartment with no TV or phone. Excuse me but that is really a bunch of crap! There is NO WAY I am going to leave my home, drag a whole bunch of stuff in a car across the country, work like a slave at this busy hospital and get paid and treated like one. I can make more money and be more comfortable at home w/ my TV and phone than work out here for $27 or $26/hour.
I really wish I had known someone working with any other company than AMN when I was with them so I wouldn't have been cheated for so long. Now me and all of my friends have left them, and I am much happier. Everyone please do your homework when looking for companies, because you are definitely your own boss and need to look out for your own interests. If you want private housing w/ all the amenties and a certain pay rate (of course it needs to be reasonable, but anywhere less than $27/hr this day in age is not reasonable, unless you are getting a big tax free subsity with it), then don't settle. Usually I will interview, get offered the position, and then tell them what they definitely need to do to get me to take it. I haven't had anyone turn me down either, since once the facility shows definite interest the company doesn't want to lose the commission on something minor like 2 bucks more per hour or a 1 bedroom apartment instead of a studio. And the longer you have been traveling, the better yor resume will look and the more interviews you will probably get. Never sell your skills short. You went to school for too long to be sold for less. Taking that Nclex has to pay off some how.
- 0Jun 5, '05 by DoodleitQuote from suzanne4That is who I work for and they are fabulous. Wouldn't even consider working for anyone else. Let me know if you want my recruiter's name.
Can you tell me your recruiter's name for On Assignment? I just sent in my paperwork for this company and can not get a call back from the recruiter, ever since I let him know it will be 6 month's before I can travel. Thanks