First time traveler. Looking for travel buddies.Register Today!
- by NativeRhythms Jun 15, '12After lots of thought/research, I'm finally looking to start traveling late July-August. I hear that buddying up is a great way to increase income, so here I am. Also, I think it would be nice to know a few people in foreign territory. I am a 27y.o. single male with no attachments. Location is not a priority (although, a great location would be a nice perk). I have a total of 3 years of med/surg and tele experience. PM if you may be interested in buddying up.
- Jun 15, '12 by Scooby-Dooby-DooTraveling is great for your age. I just turned 22 and thought about it as well. Still finishing my last year in nursing school (BSN) though.
- Jun 16, '12 by lxtinesI'm a 26 year old female traveling to Las Vegas probably for September 1 in some type of ICU. Interested?
- Jun 17, '12 by RNWhit07LXTINES-- you should plan to come to the travel conference in Las Vegas in october. Sounds like several people on here are going.. itd be my first time attending, but sounds like a blast. I am 23 and plan to start traveling in January- Im currently in a contract at my home hospital and have agreed to stay until Dec. I'm an ICU nurse with 2 years of experience. From VA, nothing holding me back...ready to enjoy life!
- Jun 17, '12 by WorldtravelgirlI'm also trying to travel in July-August. I currently live/work in LA, and ready for something new. I have most of my experience in Med/Surg/Tele. I recently started working in the MICU, and I don't really like it. I'm looking at Phoenix if anyone's interested! Or San Fran!
- Jun 17, '12 by sweetgurly25worldtravelgirl which agency do you use. I am having trouble securing my first in CA. i have been a MS nurse for 3 years.
- Jun 18, '12 by WorldtravelgirlHey Sweetgurly! I actually don't travel...yet! I'm a full-time employee at UCLA, and I've been here almost two years. I'm just ready to move on. I've been in contact with American Mobile and Cross Country, however both have not found me placement yet :/. I'm going to contact some smaller agencies to see if I have better luck with them. I'll keep you updated! I'm really surprised you're having a difficult time getting an assignment. You've got plenty of experience, and CA is aching for nurses! Good luck, and keep me updated!
- Aug 21, '12 by amliddellQuote from fte3826Fte3826... What's it like doing travel nursing as ER nurse? Are you well excepted by the hospitals you go too?Hey xxJohnnyTxx,
Have ya made it out to Hawaii yet? I am down to travel bro, I am a 24 yr old male ER nurse with 2 yrs exp working in DC right now, originally from the NC coast. I'm definitely heading west next, either Cali, Colorado, or Hawaii.