- by Jess.RN87 Aug 31, '12Has anyone worked with them?
Are they a good choice for 1st time travelers? If not, do you have any suggestions? I'm Med-Surg Onc, 2.5 years under my belt.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=779747©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 962 Views
- Aug 31, '12 by NedRNProbably not, but hey, dive in and see how you do! They are big in rapid response, paying well to go to a hospital that is in some sort of trouble. Could be very minor trouble, like an Epic conversion, or a hospital that is not well staffed because management sucks. They pay well, and usually promise lots of overtime. You probably won't have a good recruiter who cares about you, just about your hours.
If you want hand holding, and a good first assignment but perhaps lower pay, PPR is a good agency for new travelers. Great service.
- Sep 1, '12 by sweetgurly25I absolutely agree, it does not seem like they hand hold you or care so much about your feelings. Just when you are ready to work. They barely answer the phones, i can hardly get my recruiter on the phone. He only talks to me when he has an assignment lined up. The good thing is they pay well and that is it.
- Sep 1, '12 by NedRNAnd you are working at a classic troubled hospital, Sunrise in Vegas! Fits my theoretical Fastaff assignment perfectly. Have you met anyone who likes it there? Have any of the travelers you started with quit?
- Sep 1, '12 by BluntForceTraumaEvery agency I have spoken with has assignments with the "5 hospitals" in Vegas which they want you to float to different hospitals depending on needs...not just Fastaff....American Mobile, Valley Healthcare, On Assignment, Aureus...all of them!
All recruiters are after the same thing...money! I'm on assignment now with Fastaff and my recruiter picks up the phone 7/10 of the times I call. And if not, my call is returned within at least 2 hours. Also, everyone is very accessible through email from the recruiter, to the housing department, to the payrool department. Just my opinion....