West Coast University in Dallas,Texas
- 1Jun 24, '12 by ssession79Hi everyone,
I was just accepted into BSN program at West Coast University in Dallas TX for fall 2012. Has anyone graduated from this school? If so, was your experience positive or negative? Are the teachers great? What do you guys think about this school? Itís extremely expensive!!!! Please help
- 30,227 Visits
- 0Jun 29, '12 by TheCommuter Senior ModeratorWest Coast University is a private for-profit chain of schools based in California. They have just opened a campus in Dallas, so you are not going to receive any feedback from anyone who has previously attended the Dallas campus.
You may want to ask around on the California forums to learn about the experiences of students who attend West Coast.
- 0Jun 30, '12 by MarkGAs stated in the previous post, WCU has not really had a chance to graduate many people yet to respond. I personally would not attend based on the cost and newness of the program, but that is a personal choice. I would do a local ADN or BSN program instead and save some money.
- 0Jul 1, '12 by MorganBYou would be apart of the first class to graduate right? Is it true the cost of the program is like 125k? That means double by the time you pay off the student loans. I saw the price tag and almost passed out. I received 2 masters and 1 bachelor's for less than that. :-) Please be sure to report back with your experience, I'm sure people are just dying to hear what the program is like. What were the prereqs to get in? How big will your class be?
- 0Jul 14, '12 by paultxrnI have just accepted a full time position as faculty at WCU in Dallas. I have been a nurse for 20 years and have also been a hospital based critical care nurse educator. I chose to work at WCU because I was very impressed with the program, the academic staff and also their committment to their students. Best wishes to you and I'll see you in class!
- 0Aug 29, '12 by anawYes, I went to a tour at the campus and I was amazed with them. State of art classrooms and simulator center, the advisors are very friendly and answered all my question. I am waiting on UTA response for spring2013 and WCU is my back up plan. I already submitted transcripts and they already sent me a letter of acceptance. I will wait until end of October to hear from UTA, them I will make my decision I already finished all the pre requirements at the community college and the nursing part dwill take me two years to finish
- 1Aug 29, '12 by HeroesHaloThank you, I do too have all my lower division classes done, and WCU is my back up as well, lol. Did all of yours transferred? I have been reading a lot of blogs, and there are a lot of bad comments from current students and graduates. So I am not sure if it is worth it. What made you consider WCU?
- 0Aug 30, '12 by anawI also have read the bad comments about WCU from California. However, the reason why I am considering this school is the fact that there is no waiting list and I can have my bachelors in 2 years. The school is nationally approved and is Texas Board of nurse approved. I read the Texas Bon report for approval of the program and The report for passing rate for nclex Bsn program is high. (not ADN program on Ca). I sent my transcripts this Monday and they will let me know about the classes transferred next week.