UTMB Fall 2012 - Page 6Register Today!
You are not alone in getting tons of immunizations! We moved a lot when I was a child and my parents lost my shot records. I had to get titers done to prove where I had immunity and then took all the shots that I needed. The worst one for me was the DTAP ... ouch! So glad that I'm done with that part!
- Jan 11, '12 by HemphiaI was gonna do titers, but my insurance doesn't know how much they cover, since there is nothing in my coverage. The lady said that she could not find anything and that they probably didn't cover it 100% if at all. The only way she would know is if she has each of the billing codes. And EACH titer cost $89 per test..... Well my insurance covers 100% of immunizations. No need for a copay and nothing out of pocket. Which would you do? I chose the route of cheapest
- I totally understand! I faced the same issue too but luckily my doctors office called in the codes to my insurance to check for me and my insurance covered it. Is it necessary to get titers done once our immunizations are complete to show immunity? Or is a shot record valid on its own?
- Jan 11, '12 by HemphiaI believe that a record from the Dr's office is more than sufficient. You shouldn't have to prove your body has the antibodies with titers.
- That's what I was hoping for! It's not my thing to be a pin cushion!
- Jan 12, '12 by Mdc_2011If you guys get accepted what are yalls plans on the housing situation?!
- Jan 12, '12 by ktdiditIf you guys get accepted what are yalls plans on the housing situation?!
If I get accepted I will be commuting back in forth from Houston to Galveston! I know it sounds crazy but I have met several people who have done it and they said it was doable! I have a family so it would be impossible for me to move there! I have a couple of friends in the Spring 2012 class that moved there and said it was fine. A couple of them met through this site and are now sharing an apartment so they can split rent. Are you going to move to Galveston?
- Jan 12, '12 by HemphiaI will be driving from the Pearland area, near 288 every day. There is no option of moving. We own a house out this way, and my family and I will not be uprooting. It is only for a short bit that I will be driving out there. Not to mention that the housing market is terrible and would be a bad time to try and sell our home. I've heard there are lots of apartments out there though that are near the school and are fairly inexpensive. They also have dorms on campus. Just depends on your needs.
Ktdidit - FYI, apparently we might still need a positive Hep B titer even if we have our immunization record. UTHSC requires it accoring to their site. Not sure about UTMB.
- Jan 12, '12 by ktdiditKtdidit - FYI, apparently we might still need a positive Hep B titer even if we have our immunization record. UTHSC requires it accoring to their site. Not sure about UTMB.
Good to know! Thanks for the heads up!
- Jan 12, '12 by monicaleaI will be commuting from the Friendswood area, I hope I can find someone that lives around here then we can split costs b/c gas is only going up