UTHSC-Houston Fall 2012 ApplicantsRegister Today!
- by KRR2009 Sep 13, '11Hello everyone! This thread is for everyone applying to the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston. I believe they will be accepting applications from January 15-April 1, so the sooner the better! Their admission requirements are pretty standard:
Minimum Pre-Req Gpa: 2.75
Minimum Science Gpa: 3.0
Minimum HESI A2 score: 75% or higher on all required sections - math, reading comprehension, vocabulary/general knowledge, grammar, anatomy and physiology, critical thinking.
My info is really not that competative, but I'm going to give it a shot anyways -
Pre-Req Gpa: 3.30
Science Gpa: 3.0 (Barely cutting it! )
Overall Gpa: 3.28
Hesi score: 93.3% overall, with my lowest score being a 90.
My gpa is not the best, but I still have 3 more classes to finish this semester, and I'm aiming for all A's! I think the best thing I have going for me is my HESI scores.
Anyone else planning on applying? What are your stats? Any questions? Lets hear them, and good luck to all who are applying!
- Sep 29, '11 by meghana09hey! I am planning on applying for the Fall 2012 application.
My PREREQ GPA is around a 3.6
and my science gpa is right now a 3.0
but I am taking A and P I and II this semster and shooting for both A's hoping that will bring up my science one.
I havent taken my HESI
btw awesome job on yours thats an amazing score!
Do you have any tips because I am really nervous about it, and i dont know where to sign up! HELP haha
well good luck and thank god you started this forum!
- Sep 30, '11 by tnbutterflyMoved to TX Nursing Programs Discussion forum.
- Oct 10, '11 by KRR2009Thanks! And good job to you on your pre-req GPA. Wow, AP I & II at the same time sounds pretty rough. Good luck! As far as the HESI, to be completely honest it was not that difficult for me. And I am in no way trying to brag. What I did is just checked out (for free!) a HESI study guide from my school's library (HBU) and studied everything in there. Although it was pretty much common sense, of course some questions being more difficult than others. Any questions on a particular subject you're worried about?
I found this link on UTHSC's website, not sure if it will be useful or not.
I took my exam at Houston Baptist so the registration procedure was pretty simple.
Let me know if you have anymore questions!
- Oct 26, '11 by Gladiator_80I wish the best of luck to everyone. I think the application deadline for Fall 2012 is Jan 15, 2012.
Overall GPA: 4.0
Science GPA: 4.0
Critical thinking: 890
And by the way there are not going to be any interviews for the Fall.
- Oct 27, '11 by desjt3Hi there!
I am planning on applying in January as well. From what I have seen and heard the application deadline is January 15, 2012 for FALL 2012 admission. I wish it was all the way into April...
I am going out on a limb and hoping that by great chance I get accepted the first time. I have ALL of the prereqs required except AP II, Micro, Chem, and Philosophy! But it says they require 8 science credits to be completed before application. (it sucks because I can finish the 4 classes before fall 2012). I took intro to AP this summer (made an A) and I'm currently in AP I. I've made an A on all exams and labs this far so I am sure I will end the class with an A. My pre req's gpa is 3.2 and I am going to a HESI review tomorrow at LSC-Montgomery to prepare myself before taking the entrance test. I am also current with all immunizations and will get CPR certified before applying, just to cover all my bases.
Good Luck to all of you!! I really hope I make it in the first application because I would hate to wait an entire year to start when I only have 4 classes left! Optimism is what I am sticking with
- Oct 27, '11 by Gladiator_80Desjt3 try to be optimistic about it, just try to do good on your pre-reqs and you will do fine. I wish you the best of luck on the hesi test.
- Oct 27, '11 by ktdiditHey guys! I am applying to UTHSC-Houston, TWU and UTMB in Galveston. I am taking A &P II currently at Lone Star College and will be finished with all prerequisites in December. So far my grades are as follows:
Pre-Req GPA: 3.85
I haven't taken the Hesi or TEAS yet because I wanted to finish A&P II first. I am scheduled to take both of them in December. I'm looking forward to hearing results in Apr-May of next year! Best of luck to everyone and hope everyone's semester is going well!
- Oct 31, '11 by HemphiaHey Everyone!! I'm glad that there are others that are applying to the Fall 2012. I'm applying for the traditional BSN program. How about y'all? I've taken all my sciences except for Chemistry 1, but I'm taking that now. I took the HESI back in August and didn't do as well as I had wanted I'm really reconsidering redoing the test, I'm just afraid that I might do worse and then where would I be? Do y'all think I should retake the HESI?
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6875 (however they might round it from there)
Science GPA: 4.0
Critical Thinking: 850
I will also be applying to UTMB, but UTHSC is my first choice. I am signing up to take the TEAS on Dec 29..... I sure hope I do well, because if I can't get into UTHSC, then UTMB is my only other option. TWU requires some additional coursework..... And I am so tired of pre-reqs lol Anyone here taken the TEAS yet? And if so would you say it was easier than the HESI or harder?
- Oct 31, '11 by Gladiator_80Hemphia,
I think your Overall and Science GPA r very good... You also have a good Hesi score... I think you should not worry about it so much. If you think you can do better on the Hesi then retake it otherwise I would stick to the first one. I have not taken the Teas yet, but my friends who have already taken it say that it was harder than the Hesi.
Best of luck to you and hopefully you will get in with no problems.