TCU Accelerated BSN 2012
- 0Nov 17, '11 by KerinkyHi everyone! I am a second-degree-seeking student and I applied for TCU's accelerated BSN program for May 2012. Anyone else out there apply for this program?
I talked to someone in admissions at TCU today who told me they will be sending out acceptance letters in the next two weeks! This surprised me, because I know students last year who didn't receive their letters until February! Apparently TCU changed the application process and it goes a lot more smoothly and quickly now, because they work more closely with the nursing program.
Let me know if any of you are currently in this program (how do you like it??), or have applied for 2012; I'd love to get in touch with some fellow applicants! Good luck to anyone waiting on a decision letter!
- 0Nov 29, '11 by KerinkyYou are correct, unfortunately. I called a few weeks ago and spoke to someone in admissions about something else, and just happened to ask when letters would go out. She told me 7 to 10 days. Since I had heard other people from past classes say they went out in February, I quizzed the woman about that and she told me that they had changed the system this year, and that letters would go out for admission to the nursing program at the same time. She even told me acceptance was contingent on the semester grades, of course. I got my acceptance letter just to TCU today, so I called to ask about the nursing program letters, and they set me straight: they will still go out in Feb. The woman I spoke to before was mistaken. I apologize for the confusion! I hope no one else's hopes were dashed like mine were today, haha. I really wish that woman had had her facts straight...
- 0Nov 29, '11 by kevsgirl1I haven't gotten an acceptance letter to the school yet do you are ahead of me! I checked my.tcu.edu and it said they are still reviewing my application. It's only 2 1/2 months until we find out! I just try to not think about it. What is your background? I have a bachelors in English and psychology. I currently work as a librarian at a community college. I did awesome on my HESI which surprised me. I was only 5 weeks into A&P 1 when I took it. I have an A in that class as well as micro. My nursing GPA is greater than 3.5 and my science GPA is as well. Good luck to all that join this thread! I hope to see all of you in May!
- 0Nov 29, '11 by KerinkyI looked at my my.tcu.edu today too, and it still said they're reviewing my application too, so I wouldn't go by that. I think they just haven't updated the system. I'm sure you'll get your letter any day now! As far as my background, I also have a bachelors in psychology, and right now I'm in school finishing up the last two of my prereqs. Nothing crazy. Your grades and stats are pretty comparable to mine - I think we both have a really good shot of getting in. Good luck!
- 0Jan 12, '12 by mari12Good morning everyone,
I will be taking my Hesi A2 on January 27 for TCUs nursing program and would like to know if any of you have any Tips in regards to what I should study and what books to use. I currently have the McGraw-Hill's Nursing School Entrance Exam book and the HESI Evolve Reach Admission Assessment Exam Review book but the Evolve book seems so vague makes me feel like there should be more to it. Also I would like to have some idea in what is tested under the Grammar section.
- 0Jan 12, '12 by kevsgirl1>Mari12
I used the same book to study. Everyone seems to feel the same way about there not being enough information about the exam to prepare you for it. Work through the entire book and know the information. That is as prepared as you can be. Sorry I don't have any more ways to help. You should do fine.
- 0Feb 3, '12 by KerinkyI don't know if any of you follow the other thread about TCU's ABSN program, but a student currently enrolled in the program posted today to let those of us waiting to hear if we've been accepted that the committee decided on the 2012 class this week, so we should hopefully be hearing something pretty soon. However, I'm trying not to get my hopes up, since just because they've decided who they're accepting doesn't mean they're going to send out letters right away. If anyone gets their letter in the mail, please post and let us know so we can be on the look out (like I'm not already...haha) for ours! Good luck to everyone!