TCC Spring 2013 Applicants - page 5
I have not seen a thread yet so I thought I would get one going for those applying for this Spring.... Read More
- 0Aug 13, '12 by TXranger_Chris@PJE22 I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you have only retaken a course once you will be fine, especially with a 4.00! My only advice is to do your best on the HESI as the score counts for 50% of deciding whether you will be accepted or not. Here is a good website with lots of info and study tools for the HESI:
- 0Aug 14, '12 by tkb89Hello everyone!
I've been stalking the other semesters forums and just found this one for spring 2013!
I will be applying in september for spring with a 4.0 gpa and a 95.6% on my HESI.
I will be applying to Northlake/El Centro for spring 2013 as well. Good Luck everyone!
I'll be antsy all semester about acceptance letters and getting started!
- 0Aug 15, '12 by PJE22Well it looks like I may be out of the running until next Fall
I was not aware that the Math requirements had changed, and college level math is now a requirement.
I was originally exempt from taking any math class, and I just found out that I have to either test out of math 0350 via the Accuplacer (which I never had to take) or take intermediate algebra and wait until next Fall to apply. I will be spending the next two weeks in the Math resource center for tutoring, and hopefully will be able to place out of college math. Can anyone give me any advice about the Math portion of the Accuplacer? Has anyone been exempt per their Accuplacer scores? What exactly is college math? I'm so bummed, I feel like I just waisted so much time! If I do not test out, I will have to wait an entire year, just to take one class! And knowing TCC, by next fall they will have 20 other requirements added to the program... agghh.
Sorry for the venting, I just feel completely let down. Any advice would be appreciated.
- 0Aug 15, '12 by htaylorI had to take intermediate algebra because I didn't pass it on the accuplacer. It basically covers FOIL method ( first, outer, inner, last) with problems like (2+1)(1+2), finding x in algebraic problems, linear stuff, etc. my friend bought an older edition of the intermediate math book and studied that way.
- 0Aug 21, '12 by KLP151Has anyone done their Degree Audit on Web advisor yet? I was looking @ mine & noticed i dont see the math competency on there. I was wondering if anyone else's is like that? Makes me nervous bc i've read on past forums about ppl not getting in bc the selection committee overlooked that they had completed the math competency.