TCC Spring 2013 Applicants - Page 5Register Today!
- Aug 13, '12 by KLP151PJE22 i think you will be just fine. I know someone who got into the program & had retaken 2 of her sciences. I wouldnt stress over it ;-)
- Aug 13, '12 by TXranger_Chris@PJE22 I wouldn't worry about it, as long as you have only retaken a course once you will be fine, especially with a 4.00! My only advice is to do your best on the HESI as the score counts for 50% of deciding whether you will be accepted or not. Here is a good website with lots of info and study tools for the HESI:
- Aug 14, '12 by PJE22Thank you all, that definitely makes me feel better.
@TxRanger_Chris, I ordered the study guide last month, and have been looking through it since then.
Thank you for the link, I will look at it too! Every little bit helps, right?
- Aug 14, '12 by tkb89Hello everyone!
I've been stalking the other semesters forums and just found this one for spring 2013!
I will be applying in september for spring with a 4.0 gpa and a 95.6% on my HESI.
I will be applying to Northlake/El Centro for spring 2013 as well. Good Luck everyone!
I'll be antsy all semester about acceptance letters and getting started!
- Aug 15, '12 by PJE22Well it looks like I may be out of the running until next Fall
I was not aware that the Math requirements had changed, and college level math is now a requirement.
I was originally exempt from taking any math class, and I just found out that I have to either test out of math 0350 via the Accuplacer (which I never had to take) or take intermediate algebra and wait until next Fall to apply. I will be spending the next two weeks in the Math resource center for tutoring, and hopefully will be able to place out of college math. Can anyone give me any advice about the Math portion of the Accuplacer? Has anyone been exempt per their Accuplacer scores? What exactly is college math? I'm so bummed, I feel like I just waisted so much time! If I do not test out, I will have to wait an entire year, just to take one class! And knowing TCC, by next fall they will have 20 other requirements added to the program... agghh.
Sorry for the venting, I just feel completely let down. Any advice would be appreciated.
- Aug 15, '12 by htaylorI had to take intermediate algebra because I didn't pass it on the accuplacer. It basically covers FOIL method ( first, outer, inner, last) with problems like (2+1)(1+2), finding x in algebraic problems, linear stuff, etc. my friend bought an older edition of the intermediate math book and studied that way.
- Aug 20, '12 by texas_galhello all! Im a little confused as i do my application. I know we have to start immunizations and all but do we need a physical as well? i have heard different things, such as we just turn in the immunization form, any ideas? :uhoh21:
- Aug 20, '12 by KLP151Texas_gal from what i understand we do not need to get a physical unless we get accepted
- Aug 20, '12 by texas_galthanks! im a nervous wreck thinking about the HESI coming up or what if i forget something when i turn in my application!
hope the process is going well for everyone!
- Aug 21, '12 by KLP151Has anyone done their Degree Audit on Web advisor yet? I was looking @ mine & noticed i dont see the math competency on there. I was wondering if anyone else's is like that? Makes me nervous bc i've read on past forums about ppl not getting in bc the selection committee overlooked that they had completed the math competency.