Seton Healthcare Residency Austin 2013
- 0Mar 23, '13 by db2xsI feel some surprise that no one has started a thread about this. The application process opened in January for a June start date. Has anyone else applied to this? Does anyone else know any more information? Thanks.
- 0Mar 24, '13 by Kitsha88I applied to the Seton Residency, but it was in 2011; ended up getting a couple interviews but I didn't land a position (seems to be a good amount of competition), although I know several girls from my school that did. My advice would be to apply early if able, be proactive, go to the open house event and speak with nurse managers/recruiters; get your face and resume out there.
Good luckLast edit by Kitsha88 on Mar 24, '13 : Reason: want to add
- 0Mar 25, '13 by ValnosloHi- there is another really huge thread about the residency from applicants who have applied to the last couple cohorts.
If you go to the end there are more recent comments, but there is some good info in the beginning too.
- 0Mar 26, '13 by db2xsThanks Valnoslo. I have read parts of that thread. I was hoping to start one up for people applying for the next cohort.
It seems that we should follow-up with HR/the nursing recruiter. I've applied to several residencies but due to my crazy senior practicum hours, I haven't had the chance to follow up! I will have to make this a priority in the following week.
- 2Mar 27, '13 by ashleyrosesfHey db2xs! I applied at the beginning of this month. I'm out in California and, unfortunately, wasn't able to attend the open house. However, I've definitely been working at making myself known to the recruiters! All my applications are currently listed as "Routed". They've been that way for about two weeks now. I just heard back from the nurse recruiter yesterday and she said that the managers were reviewing the applications now.
Even if you don't attend the open house it doesn't automatically disqualify you. Yes, meeting someone in person to make an impression is obviously the most ideal, but I've gotten some really great responses from Seton and other hospital residencies wherein I've never met them before. Just make yourself look as unique as you can in other areas. =) (So don't listen to people when they say that it's the only way or you have no chance otherwise, like other postings on this residency seem to imply. ;-) )
Fingers crossed for all of us!