San Antonio College Spring 2012 - page 4
by Rainy Day 17,052 Views | 82 Comments
Hi all! It's getting to be that time again. Where we eagerly wait for a reply from the nursing school. I read on the official SAC Nursing page on Facebook that we should be notified no later than October 1st of our status. ... Read More
- 0Sep 30, '11 by alexisarYay cegr! Did my background and fingerprints on Wednesday but still trying to sort out all this insurance stuff so I can get my titers done (husband has heard rumour that he may be losing his job so I cant spend the money out of pocket right now .) I am really scared I will need to do the Hep B series since I dont have enough time to get all 3, so I just need to see how things play out...new insurance kicks in on the 7th so I will try that. Bet you are so relieved to be done and ready to go! How is everyone else doing?
- 0Sep 30, '11 by us031596Hi:
I'm working on completing my courses so I can apply for Spring 2013 and wanted to ask some questions of those of you were accepted. Did you just complete the sciences since their page does say that only A&PI is required to apply but points are given for 3 of the sciences? What was your GPA? How did you do on the TEAS? Do you have any general education courses left? I'm trying to give myself the best chance of getting accepted when I apply.
Thank you so much and CONGRATS to all of you that were accepted!
- 0Sep 30, '11 by cegrForgot to tell you, my GPA is a 4.0 on pre-requisites and a 3.9 on all classes. I did not have microbiology done last semester (took in summer) and I did not get in to SAC last semester. From what I heard, if they have candidates that have finished everything (that way they can get an accurate GPA) they will choose them over those that have not finished yet.
- 0Oct 2, '11 by jaevigil@us031596... keep a look out on the application link... check everyday and apply once the link is up apply... especially if you know you are going to complete all the pre-reqs during that semester... usually they go first come first serve on the list.... so once that link is out... APPLY!!!! i am starting in Jan 2012 in the CMP so another thing to consider is getting your LVN first since it is less competitive in that sense... i have applied 3 times and got accepted all 3 times.... only wasn't able to attend the previous 2 times.... so now i am set and starting in Jan.... good luck to you! : )
- 0Oct 3, '11 by alexisarjaevigil, what did BCBS cover? Will they cover the vaccine titers and TB test along with the boosters? Thank you so much, you have given me a glimmer of hope that I can get this taken care of! My new policy kicks in on the 7th, but I have a feeling if I call and ask if they will cover then they will say no, but didn't want to take the chance of going through a PCP and ending up with a huge bill.
- 0Oct 3, '11 by jaevigilbcbs covered all my labs n vaccines... but then again i did them as a physical... i had no problems in that sense... but then again every plan is different... since we have that fsa card, i didn't bother calling cuz if something wasn't covered, i just charge it... LOL. but i haven't seen any lab/ office bills.