San Antonio College Spring 2012 - Page 4Register Today!
- Sep 30, '11 by alexisarYay cegr! Did my background and fingerprints on Wednesday but still trying to sort out all this insurance stuff so I can get my titers done (husband has heard rumour that he may be losing his job so I cant spend the money out of pocket right now .) I am really scared I will need to do the Hep B series since I dont have enough time to get all 3, so I just need to see how things play out...new insurance kicks in on the 7th so I will try that. Bet you are so relieved to be done and ready to go! How is everyone else doing?
- Sep 30, '11 by us031596Hi:
I'm working on completing my courses so I can apply for Spring 2013 and wanted to ask some questions of those of you were accepted. Did you just complete the sciences since their page does say that only A&PI is required to apply but points are given for 3 of the sciences? What was your GPA? How did you do on the TEAS? Do you have any general education courses left? I'm trying to give myself the best chance of getting accepted when I apply.
Thank you so much and CONGRATS to all of you that were accepted!
- Sep 30, '11 by cegrI had AP I & II, Microbiology, and all the academic courses already done (those listed on the program of study). All I will need to complete is the 41 credit hours of nursing. SAC did not require the TEAS but they do look at GPA and to make sure your sciences are current.
- Sep 30, '11 by alexisarI have all the classes completed except for the nursing classes (finishing up Ethics this semester.) My GPA is around 3.8. Good luck, focus on those pre-req's and you should be fine...like cegr said, there is no TEAS or HESI exams to get in so that is a bonus.
- Sep 30, '11 by cegrForgot to tell you, my GPA is a 4.0 on pre-requisites and a 3.9 on all classes. I did not have microbiology done last semester (took in summer) and I did not get in to SAC last semester. From what I heard, if they have candidates that have finished everything (that way they can get an accurate GPA) they will choose them over those that have not finished yet.
- Oct 1, '11 by us031596Ok thank you. I will have all the sciences done before the July deadline next year and I would have just 2 general education classes left which I would take in the Fall so I would only have nursing courses to take. It sounds like I'm on the right track then.
Thanks so much!
- Oct 2, '11 by jaevigil@ alexiar.... go to your primary physician and get a "physical" done.... i have BCBS and that is how mine got covered. if it in the physical profile with the v70.0 code... then it is covered since it is considered preventative medicine.
- Oct 2, '11 by jaevigil@us031596... keep a look out on the application link... check everyday and apply once the link is up apply... especially if you know you are going to complete all the pre-reqs during that semester... usually they go first come first serve on the list.... so once that link is out... APPLY!!!! i am starting in Jan 2012 in the CMP so another thing to consider is getting your LVN first since it is less competitive in that sense... i have applied 3 times and got accepted all 3 times.... only wasn't able to attend the previous 2 times.... so now i am set and starting in Jan.... good luck to you! : )
- Oct 3, '11 by alexisarjaevigil, what did BCBS cover? Will they cover the vaccine titers and TB test along with the boosters? Thank you so much, you have given me a glimmer of hope that I can get this taken care of! My new policy kicks in on the 7th, but I have a feeling if I call and ask if they will cover then they will say no, but didn't want to take the chance of going through a PCP and ending up with a huge bill.
- Oct 3, '11 by jaevigilbcbs covered all my labs n vaccines... but then again i did them as a physical... i had no problems in that sense... but then again every plan is different... since we have that fsa card, i didn't bother calling cuz if something wasn't covered, i just charge it... LOL. but i haven't seen any lab/ office bills.