San Antonio College Spring 2012 - page 3
by Rainy Day 17,205 Views | 82 Comments
Hi all! It's getting to be that time again. Where we eagerly wait for a reply from the nursing school. I read on the official SAC Nursing page on Facebook that we should be notified no later than October 1st of our status. ... Read More
- 0Sep 22, '11 by alexisarI know, can you imagine trying to keep them clean? I read that the previous semesters need to remain in white until they graduate, so we are really lucky to be starting when we are. Private message me your contact info and I will be sure to let you know when I am planning my next visit...it will be really nice to have some friends in town (plus have someone to work through this whole maze with and some study buddies once classes start )
- 0Sep 23, '11 by alexisarI thought that might be a problem...we will just have to keep sending notes on here back and forth! Where are you getting your TB test done? I am switching insurance from Humana to BCBS so hopefully once that takes effect they will cover what I need...otherwise looks like I am shelling out about $500 for titers, TB test, and boosters...booo!
- 0Sep 23, '11 by cegrTexas Med Clinic is the cheapest on TB test. The one closes to my house is about $27. My titers I already have but my Hep B ($270) and MMR ($180). Then you tack on the background and drug testing and I am already over $500. I am not complaining, this has been my dream for a long time and I cannot wait to begin. I will private message you once I can as we have plenty of time and I am sure we will make the 15 posts soon.
- 0Sep 23, '11 by sduncan86Quote from cegrMetro Health is SUPER cheap for TB tests - $15 but you need to make an appointmentTexas Med Clinic is the cheapest on TB test. The one closes to my house is about $27. My titers I already have but my Hep B ($270) and MMR ($180). Then you tack on the background and drug testing and I am already over $500. I am not complaining, this has been my dream for a long time and I cannot wait to begin. I will private message you once I can as we have plenty of time and I am sure we will make the 15 posts soon.
If you go to the STD clinic they give you shots for HepB, Flu, Tdap and MMR for FREE.
They also may be able to find your shot record in their medical system.
- 0Sep 23, '11 by alexisarThanks for the suggestions! That is fantastic about the STD clinic, I checked that website and looked at the vaccination tab and their price list was $55 Tdap, $80 MMR etc...so that is sneaky that you need to go through the STD clinic to get cheaper shots. I am still in Houston and check on the county health department here and they have TB tests for $5!! I also found a vaccination clinic that will run titers for $65 each, so that is the best pricing I have found. I think I will wait until the new insurance kicks in and see if I can use that (20% for labs so that would be fantastic!) and if not then I will just fork over money at the clinic for titers. Also still waiting to see if my pediatrician can locate my ancient records...fingers crossed!!! Pretty sure they have been destroyed by now, but we'll see. No luck on electronic vaccinations records...I am way too old
- 0Sep 26, '11 by ambertHELLO ALL,
just wanted to inform those of you who haven't gotten a response or think you should have been accepted and denied to verify with the department. I have a friend who's application didn't get processed in error, and another friend who was denied and after re-evaluation they found it was an error and he should have been accepted.
Also any current students with tips for us newbies???
- 0Sep 27, '11 by alexisarsduncan86, yes you can just reply back to the acceptance letter...it is the same e-mail. There is also a "notice of intention to attend" that we are turning in (page 9 of the packet) so even if she missed your e-mail then that is a back up. Hope everyone is doing good, the next few months will fly by!!!