Lonestar Spring 2013 - Page 21Register Today!
- Oct 15, '12 by root.userQuote from sockmonkeyIf you are looking for wide widths in athletic shoes, New Balance also makes them. Not sure about the all white part, that may be harder to track down.I have tried on Dansko and Sanita shoes and I believe that my feet are too wide for them. I have also tried on Alegria ones and they seem very comfy. I am thinking of ordering some of the Alegria shoes and maybe a pair of Skechers as well.
- Oct 15, '12 by iamleeannSketchers makes an all-white shoe, you can search on amazon for nursing shoes. I think it has to be all white but I'm not sure. I do remember at orientation that we were told that even the logo had to be white and could not have any color to it. I'd send an email before I purchased if you have doubts.
- Oct 17, '12 by JesbustosAnybody an alternate? I wonder when we are supposed to hear something...
- Oct 18, '12 by Alexandria8263Quote from root.userMaybe you all can tell me if you like this idea or not. I was thinking of creating a separate post where accepted & wait listed students can post their scores, program/campus and the date they got the notice. I know I was scouring over previous year's posts looking for this information, and thought it might be nice to for the Fall '13 and Spring '14 classes to get an idea.
Good idea...I'll see if I can do a similar one for fall 2012
"Lonestar College Fall 2012 - Acceptance Information"Last edit by Alexandria8263 on Oct 18, '12
- Oct 18, '12 by sapadgettI went yesterday and did my fingerprinting so I can get the background check done. I made the appt. the same day we had orientation and the closest opening they had was just yesterday...I hope I get my blue card in time!
- Oct 18, '12 by sockmonkey
- Oct 18, '12 by iamleeannQuote from sapadgettI did the same. Mine was done last friday (10/12). I'm sure you'll be alright. It probably doesn't take as long as they say but use that timeframe as a "just in case" measure.I went yesterday and did my fingerprinting so I can get the background check done. I made the appt. the same day we had orientation and the closest opening they had was just yesterday...I hope I get my blue card in time!
I was kind of confused though. Past threads had said people were getting blue cards before they received acceptance letters. If you have to do the background check to get the blue card and you don't get the information to do the background check until orientation/or sometimes after acceptance, then how did people get them prior to - unless they are an LVN? I was thinking it had something to do with that FERPA form but that doesn't seem to be the case.
- Oct 18, '12 by Alexandria8263Nevermind... i wasn't allowed to to it
- Oct 18, '12 by JesbustosHey everyone! I'm at fingerprinting place right now.. I have a question. After we get our prints done, do we need to take any further action for the background check? Or is this it?