AE MSN at UT Austin Summer 2012Register Today!
- by acbs Oct 30, '11Anybody out there applying to the UT Austin AEMSN program for summer 2012? Haven't seen any posts about our group of hopefuls yet.
- Oct 31, '11 by jh2011Hey! I have also applied to the UT AE program. Strange that there aren't more of us on here.
- Nov 2, '11 by laflacaI applied too....trying not to think about it too much yet. We've still got a lot of waiting to do.
- Nov 2, '11 by jh2011Not necessarily. I spoke with somebody at the program a couple weeks ago and they said decisions are made end of Nov/early Dec -- Jan at the latest. Not sure how valid that is but I'm all for it.
- Nov 2, '11 by acbsAre you sure it was for this program? From what I have seen/heard, last year's applicants didn't hear until about the second week of February. I would LOVE to know sooner! Tell us if you hear more. I'm glad you both replied. Now I know I have someone to wait with.
What about interviews? Heard anything about that?
- Nov 2, '11 by jh2011I'm pretty sure it was for this program, but I could be wrong. Finding out sooner would be awesome!
As far as I know, there is not a word about an interview process anywhere on the website. I know that they have had interviews in years past, but not sure if this is still the case for this cycle. I emailed the program coordinator the other day about it and am still waiting to hear back. I do know that they changed the deadline from last year (it was Dec 1) and made it sooner. We'll see haha.
- Nov 2, '11 by acbsOh, please let us know if you hear anything. I am so excited and nervous at the same time.
- Nov 3, '11 by nurzingwhat concentrations did everyone apply for? and does anyone know the availability of each?
- Nov 5, '11 by acbsWow, it was hard to choose before gaining much experience in the field. I chose Adult Health (teaching role). I have been around children my whole life so far, and it's not that I am against them, I just don't know how I would react if I saw them suffering/hurt. Which is the point. I don't know. Ughh.
I don't know anything about the numbers, but I guess they break it down and allow only a certain amount of people to join each group. Does anyone else know? I'm afraid to ask that question to the people there because we know they are busy.
What about you? What did you pick?
- Nov 6, '11 by eastsiderI'm in the nervous and excited 2012 UT AEMSN crowd. From what I heard from the graduate coordinator, yes, the schedule is accelerated this year. Interviews before winter break (December 16th, I think), final decisions in early/mid January. He was nebulous about the interview process--format, how many interviews, etc. They do interview 75% + of applicants at least once. Applied to Adult Health - Teaching. I went to an info session early this year, and I do recall that a couple of the programs had very few projected slots. CNS was maybe 10 spots, and Mental Health NP was less--closer to 4. Anybody else applying from Austin?