Vanderbilt Nurse Residency Program - Winter 2013 - page 9
by LaurenJonesRN 72,239 Views | 243 Comments
I just mailed off my packet to Vanderbilt today! I'm so nervous and really hoping to get an interview for this program. Adult Critical Care is my first choice. I graduated in May 2012 with my BSN from Washington State... Read More
- 0Oct 9, '12 by ChristinaG123Just had my skype interview. I think it went pretty well but who really knows. It's a little intimidating but bizarre to see them on video. They ask a TON of scenario questions, more than I've had in other interview. The general questions, bad/good scenario + positive/negative outcome, when you took initiative, integrity, etc etc. SO many scenarios. Overall, it was a positive experience but definitely a welcomed challenged.
- 0Oct 9, '12 by LaurenJonesRNChristinaG123
Wow! Thank you for posting your interview experience! I have my interview October 17. I'm a little nervous about the scenario situation. I have been running over scenarios and experiences in my head. Did they give you an opportunity to ask them any questions? I bet you are somewhat relieved to be done with the interview part.
- 1Oct 14, '12 by oscar_RN22Hey guys!! im glad to hear a lot of us got an interview, congratulations!!! I applied for the adult critical care track and my interview is on Oct 17th at 2:00pm. ill be flying from Miami the day before if any one is going to be in town those days let me know if you want to meet up. Never been to Nashville but im super excited and crazy nervous for my interview.
- 0Oct 16, '12 by nycrn03
- 0Oct 17, '12 by LaurenJonesRNHi!
Had my interview today at 0900 for the Critical Care track. Tracey gives you a ton of info before your interview and is more than happy to answer any questions. 550 people applied and 220 are being interviewed. The interview panel members were really nice. Be ready to explain situations, your role, what the result was, and what you would have done differently. They also ask a couple of questions to get to know you. Hope everyone enjoys their time in Nashville. Good luck to all of you!!
- 0Oct 18, '12 by lleatherberyHi all, I am flying out Sunday From Colorado Springs for my interview in the ED pilot track. Out of curiosity I was wondering for those of us that have been fortunate to get an interview, what's everyones previous expierence? I personally just have about three years of GI expierence, thats it, nothing else. So more just curious if others are similar or way more. Also, for those of you that have had your interviews in Nashville, any restaurants or things to check out when your there in your free time? I've never been to Nashville, and my time is very limited since I will be there for a total of a little over 48 hours.
- 0Oct 18, '12 by RN-UMBQuote from lleatherberyGI experience as an RN?I personally just have about three years of GI expierence, thats it, nothing else. So more just curious if others are similar or way more.
For this Residency program, you need to be a new-grad RN w/ less than 6-months of RN experience at most.