Vanderbilt Nurse Residency Program - Winter 2013 - Page 18Register Today!
- Nov 17, '12 by RNJoseph1908Great thank you that will help so much!!!
- Nov 17, '12 by saribeariI was curious if anyone who has been accepted by vanderbilt could give us the details on your GPA and experiences so I can get a peak at what they are looking for thank you
- Nov 17, '12 by LMG RNI got accepted for the adult medicine track! I'm still deciding between this and an emergency room position in Dallas..
- Nov 18, '12 by tmendelsHey everyone! My name is Tami and I'm from Tampa, FL. I got my offer for the adult critical care track yesterday. Anyone from Nashville have any moving/living situation advice?
For those who were wondering as far as credentials/experience: I had a 3.7 nursing GPA and 1.5 years experience as a Nurse Tech at Tampa General. I also had my preceptorship for school in the Surgery/Trauma ICU which I think helped me get this position. I've also been working as a nurse in the Burn Center for 2 months now, maybe that helped me too?
- Nov 18, '12 by alohaakuaI just got an acceptance for Adult Medicine - super exited, congrats to all who also got their pick!!
SpartyRN, I sent you a friend request. I moved to TN from CA a few months ago. The process is really easy and the staff is friendly if you have to call with questions. Just go to http://health.state.tn.us/boards/Nur...ent_App_RN.pdf, let me know if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org - my name is Emily.
To all out-of-staters, you are going to LOVE Nashville!!! Congrats again. Also, most organizations need official approval to have a public page like Facebook, some even consider it a fire-able offense to create one (not sure of Vandy's policy). So I am going to wait to see when Tracey sets up the Facebook page.
- Nov 18, '12 by SpartyRNEmily - Thank you! I will also be in the Adult Medicine track --- looking forward to meeting you!
- Nov 18, '12 by cwillmonHi, I moved to TN from MI a few months ago. I just received my TN license. I first got my TN driver's license and then it took approx. two months to get my nursing license in TN. Congrats to you!!!! Where did you graduate from?
- Nov 18, '12 by RNJoseph1908saribeari My GPA was 3.2 and I have 4 years experience as CNA/Caregiver. Good luck on applying I'm sure you'll do great. I live in Oregon so I only did a Skype interview but the staff seemed very friendly! The application process itself wasn't too bad, I thought the interview was a little tricky because they asked many scenario based questions. I wasn't sure if my answers were what they were "looking for" so this 1 month wait has felt like eternity! I'm so happy to have gotten in, now I'm just doing a lot of research on moving as far as shipping my car/driving/flying... So many decisions to make!!!