Vanderbilt Nurse Residency Program - Winter 2013 - Page 11Register Today!
- Nov 1, '12 by jotdotHello to all!
I interviewed the middle of October for critical care and I am really getting nervous. I am from Mississippi. Anyone else from my state? I think it will probably be at least 1 week before we hear anything and the wait gets longer by the day! Getting chosen for this opportunity would be such an awesome experience in my opinion. Has anyone considered reapplying if not chosen? I wish all of you the very best of luck!
- Nov 2, '12 by iridium54Anyone here apply for women's health track? I think I am going to apply for the next go-around since I did not have my stuff together for this time. I still do not have a RN job but hopefully something will come up and I can gain a tiny bit of experience before next interview round and all. Anyway, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
- Nov 2, '12 by cwillmonI interviewed for the peds. track a few days ago. 66 people were interviewed for peds. We will hear something by mid November. They first have to find out how many people they can place for each section, on the floors, and then they will send out the emails. I have been focusing on working at Vanderbilt for the past five years and can't even imagine working anywhere else. I recently moved to TN, have my license and am excited to start working.
- Nov 3, '12 by kab1214jotdot,
Hey! I am from MS, and I also interviewed for Critical Care. Mid-November cannot get here fast enough! Have you graduated yet or will you be graduating in December?Last edit by kab1214 on Nov 3, '12
- Nov 3, '12 by jotdotkab1214,
I graduated in May. What about you? Oh I hope we both get in! Do you think we will hear the end of next week? I looked at the two past years and they found out around the 11th or so...always on a Thursday or Friday. I really want to work there. Would be amazing experience and awesome on a resume!
- Nov 5, '12 by kab1214jotdot,
I graduate in December, and I absolutely cannot wait until it gets here. It would definitely be amazing if we both made it in. I think we will probably hear from them the week before Thanksgiving but if it is earlier then even better! To say that I want to work at Vanderbilt would be the understatement of the century. Since I started nursing school I've been working towards this opportunity, so I'm really sitting on pins and needles waiting.
- Nov 5, '12 by jotdotkab1214,
I KNOW you cannot wait to graduate. It was one of the best days of my life because I had to study ALL the time. Life consisted of studying. When are you scheduled to take the NCLEX? Good luck with that. Got an email today saying the interviews were over and we would hear back in a couple of weeks. Sure wish it was next week!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Nov 6, '12 by kab1214jotdot,
I won't get to take the NCLEX til January because we let out so close to Christmas that the BON won't be through with the paperwork giving us the okay to take it (at least that's what they tell us). I got the same e-mail. It won't be much longer!!
- Nov 8, '12 by nxhowa004Hi everyone,
I just saw this post and was interested to see if anyone has heard yet. I am from San Diego and interviewed for the adult surgical track. Anyone else interview for that one?