Vanderbilt New Grad Summer 2012Register Today!
This is a discussion on Vanderbilt New Grad Summer 2012 in Tennessee Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... With the January 27, 2012 deadline date coming up, I wanted to start a new thread on those applying...by sallyp911 Jan 22, '12With the January 27, 2012 deadline date coming up, I wanted to start a new thread on those applying and for the latest updated information as you get or hear about this new program: applying, waiting, etc. I want to also say "Good luck" to everyone!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=665353©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 8,768 Views
- Jan 24, '12 by heartNICUGood luck to you as well! Do you think we will hear something next week about interviews?
- Jan 25, '12 by loren27Got my email yesterday saying they recieved my package! Super excited. Does anyone know how many people they take?
- Jan 26, '12 by sternocleidomastoidI applied too. Currently stalking my email. lol. Crossing all body parts that can be crossed that I hear good news
- Jan 26, '12 by sternocleidomastoidWhat tracks are people applying to?
- Jan 26, '12 by heartNICUI applied for the Women's Health track. I'm also stalking my email and praying for good news in the next few weeks... the waiting is already killing me! Which track did you apply for?
- Jan 27, '12 by loren27Burn Track! SOOOOOOOO EXCITED AND NERVOUS!
- Jan 28, '12 by nesha0307ai wish everyone the best of luck. i applied for the summer 2010 residency at vanderbilt for the critical care track. i am pretty close to a 4.0 student and have always been very successful in most everything that i do, so the thought of me not being selected never entered my mind. my application was timely, i had amazing references and just assumed that i was waiting on my interview date. sadly, i got an email saying that i was not selected for an interview....i didn't even make it past the first cut. i had no idea that graduates from all over the country apply to this program, not just local people to the nashville/middle tn area. i was heartbroken and i cried for 2 days...i even rescheduled my senior exit exam because i couldn't bear to leave the house. vanderbilt was my dream and i didn't really have any other alternatives in mind. long story short, i started working at one of my local hospitals the summer of 2010 and although i absolutely love my job, back in december i started to apply for positions at vanderbilt. happily, i just accepted a position in one of vanderbilt's icu units. i am sharing my story just to show that even if you do not get accepted into the nurse residency program, there is still hope. it doesn't mean that you aren't vandy material...it just means that alot of people apply for the program. all you need is a year of rn experiance to apply for a job at vandy if you don't make it through the residency program selection. i am super excited to be joining the vanderbilt team...a dream come true. i truly wish all of you much success in your future careers, and hope you all make the cut for the program!
- Jan 29, '12 by armywife23Does anyone know when the application process for the next cohort would open?
- Jan 30, '12 by LizardRN,NMUHey everyone!
I'm getting incredibly anxious over recieving the next e-mail! I've applied to the Critical Care track.
Good Luck to you all : )