Memphis questionsRegister Today!
- by silverhead Jan 16, '09Hi -
Considering a move to Memphis area, from rural South Mississippi.
I have 3 questions:
Does your facility pay extra for a certified geriatric nurse?
Do any Memphis area hospitals have geri-psych units?
What Nursing Home has the best reputation in the area, best management, pt. care, and employee morale?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=363120©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,874 Views
- Jan 18, '09 by ShannaikookI work for a facility called the Memphis Jewish Home. It is a five star facility located in Cordova and it is one of the BEST for nursing home employment. Check it out. http://www.memphisjewishhome.org/
- Jan 18, '09 by travel50I am not from Memphis, but my boss is. He is our administrator now at our nursing home, but he used to be administrator at a huge home in Memphis. I asked him your question, and he said the Jewish home was known to be the best on all levels.
- Jan 19, '09 by meandragonbrettDelta Medical Center has a Geriatric-Psych Unit and I believe St. Francis does too.
- Jan 19, '09 by NurseDiva76I agree with the above poster...Memphis Jewish Home is top notch. I work in an ER, and while there are some nursing homes that I wouldn't send my dog to, I actually don't mind getting patients from MJH at all. The residents and staff all seem very content, and the patients appear to be extremely well cared for.
St. Francis has a geri-psych floor, I know. But I think they are on a hiring freeze right now...the staff is all very uneasy concerning the 'state of the union' so to speak.